Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NightEye H7 LEDs Review (facelift fiesta)

Paramanic

Well i went and treated myself to NightEye H7 LED's for my dipped beams! 
and all i can say is Massive Improvement! 
15942837_1317954571602052_1255922001_o.jpg

First of all the Delivery
I Ordered on Christmas day and it arrived 11days later! very pleased with this! 

The Packaging 
It was packed neatly and professionally. With a foam holding the LEDs inside the box so they don't move.
it has a warranty card and a booklet describing how to install them also. The instructions are very clear and diagrams to help assist you.
15943293_1317838358280340_1268996768_o.jpg
15942616_1317838364947006_1583007472_o.jpg15943290_1317838374947005_1552991871_o.jpg15909307_1317838401613669_158094275_o.jpg

The Product!
The build quality looks and feels like its been built to a very high standard! Even the wire feels like expense wasn't spared. 

The Install 
The install went very easy you take old bulbs out then 1/4 turn the ring off and then fit it in your light holder.
15943391_1317954458268730_1514619928_o.jpg
Then you plug lights in tuck the wire down the side of the light and put in new LED in at a 1/4 turn and your done! 
15934004_1317954424935400_55877985_o.jpg
What i did was cut a circle out of the caps and a line at a 45 degree angle and a tiny triangle so the wire can go in and pushed this around the LEDs so the caps still fitted. (as i didn't want dirt getting into the light.
15934242_1317954514935391_507305943_o.jpg15902839_1317954558268720_701853439_o.jpg

Conclusion
I am very happy with these lights they are bright to see the road a vast improvement from standard bulbs and even upgraded Halogen bulbs like Philips and Osram. The light output is perfect the colour is perfect too. I held a piece of white paper up in front of them and showed up pure white even though there is a essence of blue. 
Only downside with any LED lights is less light output on wet ground (for example if you have wet ground and bright yellow streetlights). but i have pics that show its still really good! So i suggest if you want good upgrade a would go for these! less hassle than HID but more plug and play like a normal bulb. this seems a good in between :) 

15943273_1319997778064398_118957299_o.jpg15942580_1319997808064395_1112432914_o.jpg
15977777_1321634307900745_9116987304841505847_n.jpg15894409_1321634327900743_2994188444040272147_n.jpg
15967302_1318260678238108_762568659_o.jpg15967262_1318260721571437_2128372049_o.jpg

(yellow street light affect) 
15967054_1318260778238098_1767869032_o.jpg

To buy these just search eBay for NightEye h7 led and should come up all the NightEye sellers have Neverland name and come directly from night eye 
mines were £25.99 free delivery and didn't wait too long either.

What you all think? 

• Like 3

Nice review, I was waiting for some decent LED headlights to be worth getting, I take it that the beam pattern is unaffected?

Looking good to be fair mate!! Any chance youd be able to get a picture of the rubber cap so id be able to copy how youve cut yours? 

What did you tell your insurers?

how did you connect them, bit of a silly question.iv got osrams in atm but the not as bright as i thought they would be. 

6500K seems a bit blue? You get less usable light output over about 5000k (xenon).

Also these aren't legal (won't have E mark).

To others looking, in the interest of not dazzling others, should you decide to use them, make sure you have the projector style lights (most Fiesta above the very basic ones do) and keep your headlight clean.

OEM LED systems usually have headlamp washers equipped.

Still nicer looking the halogen, don't want to be a total party pooper. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

6500K seems a bit blue? You get less usable light output over about 5000k (xenon).

To others looking, in the interest of not dazzling others, should you decide to use them, make sure you have the projector style lights (most Fiesta above the very basic ones do) and keep your headlight clean.

Im with you on not dazzling other road users... i hate it. But its become something now, where im at if you cant beat em', join them. 

Ive got the projector headlights and look after them too, but the halogen bulbs are appaling. So it would be nice for an upgrade like this. My only issue is declaring these to the insurance? 

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

These don't dazzle with the fiesta mk7 face-lift lights projector type 

I thought same with 6500k but luckily they are bright enough as you can see and when looking at them and I put a white a4 bit of paper in front of them they aren't blue they have a slight hint of blue when looking but on paper are fully white 

I've never seen LED with washers

Ma mate who is a MoT'er said as long as it has projectors and mostly white it will be fine and said he hasn't seen washers on leds 

Unfortunately I do agree with kelvin but that's all the case with leds as they are mostly all high end whites haha

Insurance I told them I upgraded the lights a long time ago as plug and play they don't really care 

Beam pattern is the same just brighter will do a small drawing later of cap 

• Like 1

Do you have to take the headlights off the car to change the bulb? I'm gonna be ordering some from ceuk when they're back in stock and I've never changed bulbs in a fiesta so I'll be completely clueless about doing it. 

10 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Do you have to take the headlights off the car to change the bulb? I'm gonna be ordering some from ceuk when they're back in stock and I've never changed bulbs in a fiesta so I'll be completely clueless about doing it. 

Applies to uprated Philips direct replacement bulbs......read-on.

If it's of any help: As best as I can remember (??) I got away with replacing the offside bulb without removing the whole light unit, fiddly for sure but not impossible. BUT... nearside unit had to be removed to gain access. Would have been easy-ish even for a total 'know-nothing' like me except for the small metal-but-plastic-headed captivated (best as I can describe) screws on the top front which instantly loose their threat and have to be somehow cut/sawed/puled out...take your pic! An absolute total pain! Took me ages. (P.S. Some helpful videos on Youtube). 

By-the-way: Heard from a very experienced Ford source ''on the front line' that many people complain about Fiesta lights, just your 'normal' showroom non-enthusiast punters moaning on about just how poor the OE lights are. Crazy when you think at the other end of the scale you have those ridiculously bright beams fitted to Audi's and the like. What on earth is going on! I fitted Philip's upgrades last autumn. Can't recall the exact name/model - the most powerful/legal ones 'Plus 130' ? (Through direct experience I think they are a notch better than the Osram equivalents) - not the blue cosmetic things. The improvement was definitely noticeable both in range and brighter light quality. Also had them adjusted at the same time at my local tyre/MOT place which is just as important as the actual bulbs themselves I would say! Not a drastic improvement and sometimes barely noticeable in bright main street environments but a pretty handy upgrade all the same, especially for only about £18 or £19 quid. Great on my local lanes and rural 'B' roads. As said, my main reason for fitting was simply how dismal the Fiestas OE fit ones were. Would like to try these LED's myself but simply cannot be bothered and am a bit tight money-wise! Need to fully realise the expenditure on my Philips first which are a good enough upgrade for now!

I have the Osram Night breakers and coming from my standard ones make a massive different and also legal.

They look great but are these Legal as said on hear about no E on them. and also being L.E.D for main light.

I've had HID's on all of my car as I found halogens to be rubbish, I have seen comparison between led's and personally prefer HID's although led's do have a decent light output and seem like a good in between for halogens and hids.

On my fiesta I had split the headlight and fitted projector lens as to not blind people and never ran into any issues, Now you could argue about the whole legality thing as it doesn't have washer ect but I passed my mot with no issues and was never pulled. I also fitted projector headlights to my old 1.8 mk2 focus with 4300k hids and again had no issues at all.

I have always opted for 6000k hids or below I think any higher than this and you are asking for trouble with led's the color scale changes ever so slightly. On my focus currently I changed to 5000k bulbs I prefer the pure white look and the light output hasn't suffered much.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2017 at 10:47 PM, Taylor22 said:

And yes you have to take lights out to put these in but taking light out takes 5mins lol 

I had osram and Philips and these were a improvement on both of them as I drive country roads but didn't want ballasts for HIDS 

The 6500k is no bad colour I wish leds had a 5k but the 6500 isn't as bad as you think there is hardly any blue and looks mostly 99% bright white light 

For me a like them they are improvement but if a lower k rating comes a probs will go to it as of the light absorbing 

• Like 1

Led r3 headlight also is great! 10741ce412fa44c086dabd1a3c803ab3.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

Don't follow the sheep and order from CEUK. Hahaha. 

Order from Nighteye's UK warehouse and get genuine authorised products... 

• Like 1

@GingerFlame @Paramanic yea well CE UK is just a reseller of the product aren't they so definitely is just a case of them buying off the supplier an slapping a sticker on. £27.50 at CE UK though so not like it's massively more expensive and I'd quite happily pay the extra to deal with a English company with a good reputation incase anything were to go wrong. It's just a chew on with eBay if things go wrong. 

Also gingerflame I'm not sure what's sheepish about ordering bulbs from a lighting company? Kinda like calling ford owners sheep for being on this forum. 

I ordered a full set from CEUK for my MK3 Focus. Since being installed I've had to replace the sidelights due to flickering and have changed dipped beam back to Osram and high beams back to stock. Not worth the price at all. Havent used the fogs much but I'll prob go back to yellow. Resulting in paying price for a full set and only using the sidelights :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kpg said:

I ordered a full set from CEUK for my MK3 Focus. Since being installed I've had to replace the sidelights due to flickering and have changed dipped beam back to Osram and high beams back to stock. Not worth the price at all. Havent used the fogs much but I'll prob go back to yellow. Resulting in paying price for a full set and only using the sidelights :(

may one ask why you werent happy with them and put the halogen bulbs back in ?

it may assist others who are considering buying them.........

:-)

@Paramanic out of curiosity what wattage did you go for because aren't our h7's supposed to run something like 55w?

I'm on eBay now looking at these nighteye's and they're all 60w? 72w?

cheers

may one ask why you werent happy with them and put the halogen bulbs back in ?
it may assist others who are considering buying them.........
:-)

Well the CEUK dipped and high beams are halogens anyway. They had little to zero light output compared to the Osrams. The only thing I have that are leds from the kit are the sidelights and fogs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

@Paramanic out of curiosity what wattage did you go for because aren't our h7's supposed to run something like 55w?

I'm on eBay now looking at these nighteye's and they're all 60w? 72w?

cheers

look closely at the product listing , wattage stated is per pair

so for example a 80w set is 2 lamps at 40w each 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kpg said:

Well the CEUK dipped and high beams are halogens anyway. They had little to zero light output compared to the Osrams. The only thing I have that are leds from the kit are the sidelights and fogs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ah ok thanks , thought you meant you'd tried led dipped beam lamps and didnt like them.

my bad :-)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, biff55 said:

look closely at the product listing , wattage stated is per pair

so for example a 80w set is 2 lamps at 40w each 

Alright, fair enough!! Cheers mate!

@Paramanic

you got an eBay link or number for the ones you got mate? 

I've found 3 that are the same but some state they are "fog lights", one is a different bulb base to yours and one is neverland-2012 with lesser rated feedback than the other two Neverland sellers. 

Cheers

Well Nighteye has a UK warehouse, confirmed from themselves and I received mines from them. And Night eye has a great customer service also. 

received_1317848061612703.jpeg

Ps let's not take this away from the review 

The lights are really good, well built and would recommend them here is colour 

My fogs are led also but a lower kelvin 

20170113_001507.jpg

Beam pattern 

20170112_181533.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club