Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My new focus titanium x

richardc1983

Changing from silver fiesta 1.4 petrol titanium 61 plate to a 12 plate titanium x focus 1.6 tdci diesel in mars red. It's got everything and a sunroof too. Sick of the poor heating on the fiesta and constantly steaming up and the poor performance and fuel economy. I've started to drive further recently covering 900miles in two weeks so was time to get rid. The best thing about the fiesta was the quality sound of the stereo. 

The focus has 52k on the clock which is good I think :) 

Never driven a focus before but the test drive felt really good. I miss my Vauxhall 05 Astra diesel and the grunt a diesel offers. The focus is so comfortable and you feel safe.

Any tips etc? Already read that it's best to disconnect the centre speaker. 

IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7061.JPG

• Like 2

nice colour, keep it serviced well 2 oil + filter changes a yr, and fingers crossed you have trouble free motering from your new ford ;-)

• Like 1

Hi Richard. Since yours is the tit x leave the centre speaker as you've got the top end Speakers.
I've had 2 tit x diesel focuses mk3's and yes they're a great car. Keep on top of servicing and try to use premium fuel as often as you can.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andypsp said:

nice colour, keep it serviced well 2 oil + filter changes a yr, and fingers crossed you have trouble free motering from your new ford ;-)

Thanks Andy, really looking forward to getting it. Never took to the Fiesta it was an upgrade in features but a downgrade in size and comfort. 

2 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Hi Richard. Since yours is the tit x leave the centre speaker as you've got the top end speakers.
I've had 2 tit x diesel focuses mk3's and yes they're a great car. Keep on top of servicing and try to use premium fuel as often as you can.

Hi Tazzman600  

Thanks for the reply and letting me know it was one of the first things I thought of doing as I read here - 

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/294444-how-disconnect-center-speaker-sony-9-speaker-system.html#/topics/294444?page=1&_k=4gu5cs

When I checked the specs for the tit x I couldn't find anything about the Speakers being any diff my head unit is the same as from my fiesta? Have you any info on these? Mines a May 2012 model. There is no sub in the boot but I have 9 Speakers in total. When I googled this people say the titanium came with 10 Speakers as standard with a diff head unit?

One of the things I love about this car is how it has a electrical heater to assist warming the cabin when you turn the engine on from cold... instant heating really. 

Will deffo be using premium fuel every other tank - otherwise it will be Shell standard diesel. I hate supermarket fuel can get away with it in a petrol.

Here are a couple of more pics showing the centre console. Is mine the standard dab radio without sync I think? Looks exactly like the one in my fiesta titanium.

When I got home and checked the website I noticed this one that the dealer hadn't shown me. However it had 3k more miles, was £300 more expensive, DOESNT have the sunroof like mine has and only diff is that it is 6 months newer & in white - https://www.thecarpeople.co.uk/find-a-car/car-details/ford-focus-wakefield-306319 

I have insisted the carpeople (due to the software issues and bluetooth issues I had with the fiesta titanium) have the vehicle into ford before I collect to perform any software updates as I am sure there will be some given that it's from 2012.

Does the titanium x have hill start assist? The manual covers it but seems very generic. 

Any features I might not know about or may have missed in the manual?

IMG_7066.PNG

IMG_7067.PNG

same radio as mine, yes your car should have hill start you`ll find the options in the dash screen menu once you get the car and start messing with it. our cars only have a 9 speaker system so don`t worry about that. fuel filter should be changed every 2yrs there not expensive to buy around £20 you`ll jst need to get a garage the will fit it for you.

the white focus that you spotted after you got yours failed it`s mot last november the headlight washers didn`t work :tongue: 

• Like 2

Car looks smart , loads of tech on board. 

Could always upgrade your headlight bulbs , leds panels in the boot either side makes a huge difference over the stock bulbs

Remap if you want more power and better fuel economy. These engines are safe at 135 bhp - 150 bhp & 335 NM torque. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drsdriver said:

Car looks smart , loads of tech on board. 

Could always upgrade your headlight bulbs , leds panels in the boot either side makes a huge difference over the stock bulbs. 

Remap if you want more power and better fuel economy. These engines are safe at 135 bhp - 150 bhp & 335 NM torque. 

Thank you. Been looking at remaps and told there are 3 choices an economy, midway and a power remap. 1st will give 15% increase in power and is for fuel efficiency more so, 2nd is a midway and the 3rd will give me mainly power but see 35% increase in power. Wary though as when I did my Astra I went from 100bhp to 150bhp and started burning through cluthes then had alternators failing every year.

Been offered by the remap place an engine Terraclean. However I want to get the car first and get used to it. What fuel economy should I look to get? I got 48mpg on the fiesta taking it steady up the a1 to Scotland.

When you say headlight bulbs, what do you mean as they are xenon already ain't they? How easy to do the led panels in the boot? 

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

same radio as mine, yes your car should have hill start you`ll find the options in the dash screen menu once you get the car and start messing with it. our cars only have a 9 speaker system so don`t worry about that. fuel filter should be changed every 2yrs there not expensive to buy around £20 you`ll jst need to get a garage the will fit it for you.

the white focus that you spotted after you got yours failed it`s mot last november the headlight washers didn`t work :tongue: 

So are the speaker cones the premium ones and are you happy with the sound as in the link I posted you only get the centre channel on the titanium yet people were still disconnecting it. 

I will PM you my reg of my new one for you to take a look at the MOT if you can for me?

Well your questions have been answered. I'm a former semi pro car hifi installer from back in the 80's and 90's. I've got a post on here on a simple but massively effective. I can't remember the title but it's along the lines of ' my cars hifi install'
To improve sound no end without changing any Speakers etc is to sound deaden the doors. Cover as much of the door skin as you can with the stuff.
Your headunit is the same as I had by the way.
Have you got your focus yet?

• Like 1

Ooops you have lol silly me

6 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

So are the speaker cones the premium ones and are you happy with the sound as in the link I posted you only get the centre channel on the titanium yet people were still disconnecting it. 

I will PM you my reg of my new one for you to take a look at the MOT if you can for me?

I pick it up Monday evening :) it's booked into ford too as I insisted any software updates are checked and carried out etc due to issues I had with my fiesta and the bluetooth connection. As well as climate being poor. 

3 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Well your questions have been answered. I'm a former semi pro car hifi installer from back in the 80's and 90's. I've got a post on here on a simple but massively effective. I can't remember the title but it's along the lines of ' my cars hifi install'
To improve sound no end without changing any speakers etc is to sound deaden the doors. Cover as much of the door skin as you can with the stuff.
Your headunit is the same as I had by the way.
Have you got your focus yet?

Thank you, so are the Speakers on a tit x better than others?

11 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

Thank you. Been looking at remaps and told there are 3 choices an economy, midway and a power remap. 1st will give 15% increase in power and is for fuel efficiency more so, 2nd is a midway and the 3rd will give me mainly power but see 35% increase in power. Wary though as when I did my Astra I went from 100bhp to 150bhp and started burning through cluthes then had alternators failing every year.

Been offered by the remap place an engine Terraclean. However I want to get the car first and get used to it. What fuel economy should I look to get? I got 48mpg on the fiesta taking it steady up the a1 to Scotland.

When you say headlight bulbs, what do you mean as they are xenon already ain't they? How easy to do the led panels in the boot? 

Easy enough to install the boot lights they just double side tape on to The exciting light lense. 

Something like these make a huge difference 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Car-Interior-Light-Panel-48-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Dome-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-12V-/161133047931?hash=item258447307b:g:~YoAAOxy86RSZjOz

• Like 1

Hi Richard. The Speakers in titanium and above spec are better than those fitted to lower spec cars. In your car they are actually very good and matched to the headunit.
When I got my system removed from my focus I was astonished how good the original system sounds and that was due to the doors being sound deadened.
Regarding the bluetooth in the car. In my 64 plate one I had issues in losing connection. I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they couldn't cure it except by disconnecting the battery for a minute. In the year I had it I had the bluetooth lose connection 3 times.
Regards tuning. Remapping is brilliant but so is a good tuning box. Pros and cons to both. A remap can be wiped out should the cars ECU need flashing for whatever reason. The tung box on the focus is a helluva twot of a job. Hard to reach the connection needed and a knuckle ripper. But it's the box I'd go for for future proofing reasons in that the box can be removed before a servicing. A remap can't . I can't remember if bluefin do sommat for the 1.6 diesel but that's a very good option.
Roll on Monday and happy motoring m8.

• Like 1

So is there sound deadening already installed in the tit x then as someone recommended to do that if keeping the existing setup.

I think I would get a remap but for economy rather than power as on the astra having power ruined the clutch!

Just looking at tyre prices and I am given two options when I put my reg in so I am confused at which ones I have?

235/40 R18 W

215/55 R16 V

On 13/01/2017 at 9:04 PM, drsdriver said:

Easy enough to install the boot lights they just double side tape on to The exciting light lense. 

Something like these make a huge difference 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Car-Interior-Light-Panel-48-SMD-LED-T10-BA9S-Dome-Festoon-Bulb-Adapter-12V-/161133047931?hash=item258447307b:g:~YoAAOxy86RSZjOz

Ordered 2 :) The boot light in the fiesta was pointless! Is there one for the glove box also?

6 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

Ordered 2 :) The boot light in the fiesta was pointless! Is there one for the glove box also?

yes rich there is a bulb in glovebox on new car, i never changed mine as don`t venture into the glovebox much to take any notice of the bulb :wacko:

Got the car and love it! I wonder though that the steering wheel doesn't seem to lock when I turn the engine off and turn the wheel. 

26 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Got the car and love it! I wonder though that the steering wheel doesn't seem to lock when I turn the engine off and turn the wheel. 

glad it`s all systems go now with the new car, never really noticed about the steering lock on mine will check when i go to work in the morn ;-)

don`t forget to change your profile from "fiesta to focus" mate

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, richardc1983 said:

Changing from silver fiesta 1.4 petrol titanium 61 plate to a 12 plate titanium x focus 1.6 tdci diesel in mars red. It's got everything and a sunroof too. Sick of the poor heating on the fiesta and constantly steaming up and the poor performance and fuel economy. I've started to drive further recently covering 900miles in two weeks so was time to get rid. The best thing about the fiesta was the quality sound of the stereo. 

The focus has 52k on the clock which is good I think :) 

Never driven a focus before but the test drive felt really good. I miss my Vauxhall 05 Astra diesel and the grunt a diesel offers. The focus is so comfortable and you feel safe.

Any tips etc? Already read that it's best to disconnect the centre speaker. 

IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

IMG_7061.JPG

We replaced a head gasket on one of these not long ago, exact same engine too, the car was only 4 years old and had 15,000 on the clock,  make usre you look after it or it'll end up in the scrapyard or you'll be looking around £2,300 for a garage to do the head gasket on it and if it is not done right then it will not drive the same 

Ive taken out extended 2 year warranty so hopefully that doesn't happen. 

21 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

I've got the same model. I believe they have some sort of electronic steering lock that arms when you get out. Mine certainly does anyway. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club