Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR blanked on 2006 1.8TDCi

richard3009

Blanked of my EGR will post results later not tested yet, new LED Bulbs arrived

11 hours ago, richard3009 said:

Blanked of my EGR will post results later not tested yet,

I found blanking it made a small but noticeable improvement in driveability when pulling away. Also the exhaust did have a bit more of an acrid niff to it. With the EGR in use, the heater puts out a little more heat while the engine is cold.

But otherwise it made little difference to power or economy. I was thinking of getting a snake cam to try to look inside the manifold to see how badly choked it is after 150k miles, mostly with the EGR in use, I would guess. But it might not be very easy, it is still on my "might do" list!

Let's see if you find the same, or anything different.

I blanked mine mainly 'cos the actuator was playing up, and that did upset things, as well as putting the EML on. (Blanking does not cure the EML problem)

Turned out I had wrong size plate need to get that sorted first, funnily enough I was looking at endoscope cams last week, you can get them cheap now and would be ***** handy for looking around the engine in tight places. Still did an engine flush replaced oil and filter, new cam belt fitted, air and fuel filters were well ready. Good engine now 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2017 at 5:29 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

I found blanking it made a small but noticeable improvement in driveability when pulling away. Also the exhaust did have a bit more of an acrid niff to it. With the EGR in use, the heater puts out a little more heat while the engine is cold.

But otherwise it made little difference to power or economy. I was thinking of getting a snake cam to try to look inside the manifold to see how badly choked it is after 150k miles, mostly with the EGR in use, I would guess. But it might not be very easy, it is still on my "might do" list!

Let's see if you find the same, or anything different.

I blanked mine mainly 'cos the actuator was playing up, and that did upset things, as well as putting the EML on. (Blanking does not cure the EML problem)

Don't look inside, I looked inside mine pre-Terraclean and nearly had a heart attack! It was approximately 40% restricted (it didn't help with the wife putting ***** Morrisons crappy 7% bio-diesel in it) :wallbash:

Tbh diesel inlets are always caked in EGR crap even from fairly low miles.  But it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference, I've spent hours trying to clean all that sticky filth out and it's always been a huge anti-climax afterwards lol. :sad: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club