Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will be the Approximate repair bill for replacement of, brake pads, brake discs, steering arms and track rod ends (x2) car radiator, glow plugs, wheel bearing, cv joint gaiter, thermostat, on a ford focus sport 1.8 TDCI on a 2006 plate ? ????

Fastlife91

If I went to a car garage with my 2006 ford focus sport 1.8 tdci, what should I expect the repair bill to cost to replace the following

Glow plugs

thermostat

wheel bearing

radiator

brake pads x 2 rear

brake discs x 2 - rear

steering arms x 2

track rod ends x 2

cv joint gaiter 

so yeah, what would the approx cost be ?

cheers 

Ask some garages in your area for quotes.

can you try and make your thread more concise, the title of them usually has more than the first post.

• Like 5

He's not after actual quotes, they're things he's changed so wanting to know how much he's saved in labour.

I'd say about 6 hours book time so ~£300 at a local independent rather than main dealer.

Maybe he should have worded it like that then.

My comment still stands though, if he asks a local garage for a quote  he will know exactly what he's saved.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

He's not after actual quotes, they're things he's changed so wanting to know how much he's saved in labour.

I'd say about 6 hours book time so ~£300 at a local independent rather than main dealer.

Well, that's debatable.

We should be charging him labour ourselves, the amount of hours members have spent helping him only to have it thrown back in our faces.

9 hours ago, MarksST said:

Maybe he should have worded it like that then.

My comment still stands though, if he asks a local garage for a quote  he will know exactly what he's saved.

I couldn't agree more.

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Precisely, I just want to know approximately how much I have saved approximately ?  £300 seems very low, I can't imagine getting all said work done for just £300, I was thinking maybe £500 at a back street garage. Halfords wanted about £250 - £300 to replace steering arms, track rod ends and wheel bearing. 

edit: jmurray is wrong and should not be slagging me off, I do not throw anything that I see as help back at anybody, basically it seems everything I post or write he tries to have a dig at me, tries to put me down, but I shall not let him. 

Anyway, just to let you know and anybody else reading this, any help you give me I really appreciate it, thank you very much 

41 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, that's debatable.

We should be charging him labour ourselves, the amount of hours members have spent helping him only to have it thrown back in our faces.

Once again, Sorry , Have I upset you ?     I keep finding you slagging me off, saying things about me to other members in my absence, things that are not even true, if you have a problem with me just say it, to me. Don't be giving me a bad name to other members resulting in them feeling un wanting to help me to things being said about me that are not true.

I do not throw anything I deem as help back at other people's faces, I do however throw abuse back in someone's face. 

Please , if you don't want to help me then don't bother typing anything at all  , go back under you're bridge you troll, you're not going to get fed here

edit: on a side note, thank you everybody who has helped me, who have given me advice and tried to make my life easier, many thanks and it won't go forgotten. cheers