Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus ghia mk2 keyless entry

Westy313

Hi I'm new to this forum 

I have a 2005 ford focus mk2 2.0tdci that has got keyless entry and was wondering how common this is because I can't seem to find any more that has it. 

Do you mean remote locking?  If so, the Focus has been available with that since its launch in 1998.

It has got remote locking but it also has keyless entry so I only need the key in my pocket to open the car and don't need to press the button on the remote and I only need the key in the car to start the engine 

22 minutes ago, Westy313 said:

It has got remote locking but it also has keyless entry so I only need the key in my pocket to open the car and don't need to press the button on the remote and I only need the key in the car to start the engine 

Didn't know the mk2 pre-facelift had it! Especially 2005. Must be a rare demo option or retro-fitted!

Are you sure it's not just permanently unlocked?  Keyless was a pretty rare option on the facelift, I've never seen or heard of it on the pre-facelift myself.

It would also come with push button start - what's the point of keyless entry if you have to get the key out for the ignition lol.

Have you tried putting the reg in ETIS?

I have looked on the ETIS website and it says it's got Ignition Key Combination Pack 1 does anybody know what it means. I don't need to use the key fob to get in the car as long as it is with me I can just open the door and it is the same for starting the car but it doesn't have a start button, it already has some sort of key already in the Ignition but it won't start without the fob. Has anybody else seen this in a 2005 ford focus before 

Have you tried leaving the keys in the house and trying to open/start it?

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I wouldn't be able to get in the car cause it needs the key fob to be able to get in.

Key combo pack 1 is just the standard 3 button flip remote key.

Edit - just seen this from googling the keys part number so I guess you are right...

Suitable for the following models (models with intelligent keyless proximity system):

Ford C-Max (26/03/2007 - 23/07/2010)
Ford Focus (19/07/2004 -29/07/2011) 
Ford Kuga (25/02/2008 - 01/09/2011)
Ford Mondeo (19/02/2007 - 03/09/2007) 

On 15/01/2017 at 9:54 AM, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it's not just permanently unlocked?  Keyless was a pretty rare option on the facelift, I've never seen or heard of it on the pre-facelift myself.

It would also come with push button start - what's the point of keyless entry if you have to get the key out for the ignition lol.

Have you tried putting the reg in ETIS?

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

12 minutes ago, Westy313 said:

I wouldn't be able to get in the car cause it needs the key fob to be able to get in.

But have you actually tried it? 

Very rare option but is possible.

does the door handle have a button on it to lock the doors. 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

But have you actually tried it? 

Yes without opening the car with the button on the remote or having the remote with me I can't get into the car

1 hour ago, nazsky786 said:

Very rare option but is possible.

does the door handle have a button on it to lock the doors. 

Yes both the front doors have buttons on the door which I can lock the car with when I have the remote in my pocket as well as the boot 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club