• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

That's the bit I was on about - but i thought it was the "ashtray" and was meant to be opened? :blink:

I could swear i remember seeing that part with a moulded finger recess to allow it to be pulled open? :unsure: (i guess old age is creeping up on me fast :P :lol:)

i hope u don't smoke then or how would u empty ashtray.

I'm quite sure that's the flap where you're meant to pass food through to feed the hamster running around the wheel, making the car go faster. :blink:

I'm quite sure that's the flap where you're meant to pass food through to feed the hamster running around the wheel, making the car go faster. :blink:

maybe on your mk4 but not on my mk7 :lol: :lol: :P :P

You mean this one?

dsc04512i.jpg

dsc04513p.jpg

There is lot of space for CD`s, GPS, phone.....

Hey there Harweyko. How are you opening the cover?

I opened it with a screwdriver, but first I wrapped it into a towel not to scratch the silver plastic parts (I scratched it later with something, it can be seen on second photo, but is not visible when the cover is closed). There is small metal plate with hole in the middle and small "legs" holding the "door". The "door" has T-shaped part that is inserted in the metal plate, I`ve rounded the edges with a file... Now it is opening really smoothly. For better view bigger picture: :ph34r:

clipboard01wv.jpg

I opened it with a screwdriver, but first I wrap it into a towel not to scratch the silver plastic parts (I scratched it later with something, it can be seen on second photo, but is not visible when the cover is closed). There is small metal plate with hole in the middle and small "legs" holding the "door". The "door" has T-shaped part that is inserted in the metal plate, I`ve rounded the edges with a file... Now it is opening really smoothly.

Ta! Might check this out if I think of anything that I would want to keep in there :)

The space under the radio was designed as a small cubby but it ended up so small, you couldn't get your hand into the back to retrieve small items. Only the pre-production models has this cubby (see photos below) It was sealed up on production models as it was useless.

09_fiesta_3dr_1280_7.jpg

09_fiesta_3dr_1280_8.jpg

09_fiesta_3dr_1280_9.jpg

Slightlyoff topic but in the same area. Whats the point of the slotted card holder? When would this be used?

Ford have been making coin/card holders out of blanking covers for years now. I think it's probably just pointless inovation...

Ford have been making coin/card holders out of blanking covers for years now. I think it's probably just pointless inovation...

cheers

Slightlyoff topic but in the same area. Whats the point of the slotted card holder? When would this be used?

For slotting cards in :lol:

I was about to post about that cubby hole too, I had got mine open awhile back... but along with another topic about USB input and using a harddrive to connect up lots of music...maybe the cubby hole could be used to house a nice harddrive!? B)

The space under the radio was designed as a small cubby but it ended up so small, you couldn't get your hand into the back to retrieve small items. Only the pre-production models has this cubby (see photos below) It was sealed up on production models as it was useless.

thanks for the pcis Nick, i knew i'd seen images of that cover with a finger recess in somewhere - i think it's a real shame they decided to blank this off. Can't get enough cubby holes, no matter how small, in my opinion :(

I was about to post about that cubby hole too, I had got mine open awhile back... but along with another topic about USB input and using a harddrive to connect up lots of music...maybe the cubby hole could be used to house a nice harddrive!? B)

That is an awesome idea..

Guess what i will be doing at the weekend - if i get my new bluetooth module through the post

Nice one Piggy! Would be good if you could get a second USB port wired up inside the cubby hole, so you could still use the main port for pen-type drive. What sort of stuff would you need to split a second port off from the main one?

While we're talking about the dash, does anyone know where the passenger front airbag deploys from?

It's nearly worth extending the USB and audio jack cable in order to hide the old iPod in there!!

thanks for the pcis Nick, i knew i'd seen images of that cover with a finger recess in somewhere - i think it's a real shame they decided to blank this off. Can't get enough cubby holes, no matter how small, in my opinion :(

Found this pic on Italy Ford site and this clearly shows there is some form of lip/hook on the lid of the small cuby hole below the radio. The only purpose I can think for this is to open it, so there appears to be a use for it in some markets.

It's also clear from the pic there is a small switch panel below the heater controls and the mouldering contours above the heater controls is quite different from UK models

http://www.fordfiestaitalia.com/photogalle...;id=557#joomimg

http://www.fordfiestaitalia.com/photogalle...;id=559#joomimg

Found this pic on Italy Ford site and this clearly shows there is some form of lip/hook on the lid of the small cuby hole below the radio. The only purpose I can think for this is to open it, so there appears to be a use for it in some markets.

It's also clear from the pic there is a small switch panel below the heater controls and the mouldering contours above the heater controls is quite different from UK models

http://www.fordfiestaitalia.com/photogalle...;id=557#joomimg

http://www.fordfiestaitalia.com/photogalle...;id=559#joomimg

I think that they are pictures of the new US Fiesta.

The car in the first pic is from Slovakia..would that be different to the UK version?.

Am I going to damage anything if I force it open? :unsure:

Be careful when prying off the plastic cover, as it is meant not to open again once closed. One of the 2 metal tabs securing the plastic that protrudes bent after opening and cut off. Now I must customize a magnet or similar push open - push close device.

Be careful when prying off the plastic cover, as it is meant not to open again once closed. One of the 2 metal tabs securing the plastic that protrudes bent after opening and cut off. Now I must customize a magnet or similar push open - push close device.

worked fine for me ive just had mine open and shut more than a whores legs on a sat night. i know what u mean tho i slowly edged mine open with a tissue covered knife then open/closed it a few hundred times to slacken it off. i think a custom magnet is the best solution, i planned to do this myself, let me know if you find a device and vice versa.

You can use a Velcro strips, best would be one with double side adhesive tape ;)

Right, got mine open!...no damage!...used a handle of a teadspoon covered with a cloth. If you carefully push it in the middle at the top and then gently lever the panel eventually it'll pop open.

There's a metal clip which is there to keep the panel permanently closed but since there are proper hinges and a catch then something like this I found on eBay would do the trick?. It's got measurements so need to work out if it will fit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-GRADE-STANDARD-...=item4a9cc16c8d

Anybody else figure out a catch solution?

Yes, the cubby hole is small but you can put quite a few things in there including mobiles etc.

It's worth checking out in my opinion as there is a distinct lack of cubby holes!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club