Do Not Sell My Personal Information

secret hole

titanium_s_spec

if you dont already have bluetooth... this could be more difficult, do you have a 3.5mm jack input?

Yep I have this.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

Yep I have this.

hmm, check under your glovebox - there are two little clips if you pull the centre part of the clip out then the whole thing, you can remove the plastic cover. If there is some wiring that is not plugged into something you may be able to do this easily, if not its probably a lot of work.

The end of the cable i am talking about it about 2 or 3cm wide - its the plug that goes into the bluetooth module. like i said, if the cable is not there its probably lots of work.

hmm, check under your glovebox - there are two little clips if you pull the centre part of the clip out then the whole thing, you can remove the plastic cover. If there is some wiring that is not plugged into something you may be able to do this easily, if not its probably a lot of work.

The end of the cable i am talking about it about 2 or 3cm wide - its the plug that goes into the Bluetooth module. like i said, if the cable is not there its probably lots of work.

Okay, thanks :D I'll take a look in the morning when it's light

Yes but these are magnetic to metal? isnt it plastic in the secret hole?

Stick one one each side.. one on the flappy bit and one on other.. if that makes sense

has anyone got any photos with the flap working please

My magnets arrived today, will put them in tomorrow, and take a few pics and post

ah forgot about this, i ended up using 3m Velcro adhesive tape, one bit in middle and one bit on each side, works a treat. i removed the metal closure clip thing and snapped off the sticky out bit on the flap. it closes tight and evenly now.

YUCK!

Also, how do you then configure the settings on the car or read any service messages??

Chris...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

that looks silly :/

like it isnt ment 2 b like that wich really it isnt ha!

9yjp-4.jpg

Just found this German dashboard mod.

Dont really like it myself but thought that some on here might.

Found here

And the Kerry Katona award for in car design goes to...

:P

I can imagine it now, "I don't care how much money and time they spent designing it, I wan't a 32" plasma on the dash."

ah forgot about this, i ended up using 3m Velcro adhesive tape, one bit in middle and one bit on each side, works a treat. i removed the metal closure clip thing and snapped off the sticky out bit on the flap. it closes tight and evenly now.

any chance of some pics?

and how easy is it to open/close

any chance of some pics?

and how easy is it to open/close

opens very easily, not sure how long the pads will stay stuck but its working well enough for now anyway.

i meant to post this a while back when i found it on my car whats it for seems to be a bit pointless to me if u no where it is u will no what i am on about.

here's what i did with mine..

DSC_3303.jpg

took out the metal clip that locks the cover, adjust it a little bit to loosen it then put it back where it belongs

and then i closed the two hinges on of the cover with epoxy and cotton, let it dry. then i put something that i can pull if i want to open the cover.

that's it. it opens easily and closes firmly....

heres the link for my carbon fiber console:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9257

i found this hole as well when i was sorting the wifes dash out,i presumed it would normally have been an ashtray if that was an option on these? by the time id got it open the metal lug on the clip snapped off so i had to buy a new one from ford, who only sell them in packs of 5 at £10+

when i refitted it i bent the lugs right back on the clip so it now opens quite easily

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone thought about putting in one of those push click latches? The ones where you push it to open and close? That would be ideal for me as I can keep it looking like it does now but still be able to open it without adding a tab or something visible.

I'm scaling down my plans for the secret hole and other such mods at the moment, not enough spare cash available :(

Has anyone thought about putting in one of those push click latches? The ones where you push it to open and close? That would be ideal for me as I can keep it looking like it does now but still be able to open it without adding a tab or something visible.

I've been looking at that, but the problem is that you really need a matching 'pin' to stick onto the door that will properly clip into the latch. The latch body itself should fit perfectly if you get the right sized one, as I think Ford may have designed it for one.

I've found a company who make both halves of the latches so I might try and blag some samples, or see what their minimum order qty is......failing that I think I might just be able to get a single one from work.

that was my first plan... i wanted to put that kind of latch in which most of the cd players have. (push to open, push to lock)

tried to search the web but i just cant find anything... my last resort was to find/get a busted cd/cassette player and take the latch from there.

as for now, i'll stick with the loosed metal clip and the pulling tab..

What's the clip like for the petrol cap? (same principle) Anyone know whether that will fit?

What's the clip like for the petrol cap? (same principle) Anyone know whether that will fit?

It seems to be a different cliping method I think, and its massive compared to the hole in the dash unfortunately.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club