Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Easy Fill nightmare!

Andy JW

I tried to fill up with petrol yesterday, some 200 miles from home, but the petrol nozzle wouldn't go into the "easy fill" cap. On closer inspection, the flap that closes over the tube had moved down inside the pipe, past the springs that hold it closed, and had turned sideways!

I have now driven home at a slower than normal speed, to conserve petrol, as I cannot fill up. Any one know if the "easy fill" can be fixed as a DIY job, or does it need to be taken to a Ford dealer?

DSCN4460[1].JPG

welcome to the forum, as for the easy fuel, i would leave it for the ford garage to fix, esp if its under warranty. if you try to remove and fix there could be a possibility of bit of it going into tank. 

to remove properly involves breaking it anyway

• Like 1

If it's a case of getting just a small amount of fuel in, so you can get to the garage, will a funnel and a jerry can do the trick?

I had this exact thing!

Its a warranty fix  - take it in

this is exactly the kind of thing that annoys me on modern cars, more to go wrong. do we need this type of refuelling system? especially not on petrol cars.  you could not accidentally put diesel nozzle in unleaded petrol car anyway as the diesel nozzle is too wide.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club