Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Fiesta Wheels & Alloy Sizes

jam251991

I own a MK7 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Zetec S with 17" alloy wheels (black street pack).

One of the alloys is bucked and is no longer maintaining pressure.

Exploring whether to buy a replacement and change the 4 x alloys to another Fiesta style/size.

Can anyone clarify which other Ford fiesta alloys I could run? Would 15" 4 stud alloys fit?

Many thanks in advance.

alloys buckle more easily than steel wheels.  add to that, the wider the wheel, the weaker it is on the inside edge, and add to that the larger the diameter of wheel, the skinnier the tyre is so there is not so much rubber to buffer the strike on the wheel (and also more chance of scraping rim along kerb as tyre not so high).

Large alloys do look good but there is a price to pay for looking good, as described above

Thanks, so the 15" alloys of tyre size 195/50/R15 will fit to replace my 17" 205/40/R17 alloys with no fitment or clearance issues?

8 hours ago, jam251991 said:

Thanks, so the 15" alloys of tyre size 195/50/R15 will fit to replace my 17" 205/40/R17 alloys with no fitment or clearance issues?

A lot depends on the offset / ET of the original and replacement wheels. An alloy with markedly different offset may causing rubbing  

Your speedo is likely to be out also. There are calculators online that will calculate for you how much the difference +/- is. 

If the 15" wheels are from another fiesta, they will fit and the offset won't be a problem. The change in speedo reading from 205/40/17 to 195/50/15 is about 3%, and it would over read (which is a good thing to avoid speed tickets!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club