Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto headlights not working

scoot600

Since I replaced a blown fuse for my drivers side headlight, my auto headlights don't work and also I have lost the chime for headlights left on

Is there a fuse for this?

2 hours ago, btmaldon said:

You could try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and see if that corrects the issue.

I will try that at the weekend when I really have some time 

On 16/01/2017 at 1:08 PM, scoot600 said:

my auto headlights don't work and also I have lost the chime for headlights left on

F103 (10A, in the Passenger Fuse box) should supply power to the Autolamp relay, the number plate lamps and the "lights on alarm" input to the GEM (or BCM).

F100 (10A, same place) supplies the rain sensor unit, which also controls the autolamps.

(Assuming it is a Mk2.5 Focus)

• Like 1

what spec has the auto lights etc, my zetec s 2009 has jack s**t on like that

I think it's on titanium's and above comes with auto wipers both can be problematic especially the wipers 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, ajzetecs said:

what spec has the auto lights etc, my zetec s 2009 has jack s**t on like that

It's a 2011 Sport

• 2 years later...

Hi 05 plate focus ghia saloon, auto headlights stopped working, also dash lights only come on if switch is at sidelights position help plmz

1 hour ago, Mandy 123 said:

auto headlights stopped working, also dash lights only come on if switch is at sidelights

There should be a manual headlight position between side and auto. The dashboard lighting should come on in either of those two (Side or manual head) positions.

If it is just the auto setting that has stopped working, it will most likely be the sensor unit in the interior mirror. This is the rain sensor (if auto-wiping is enabled), but it doubles up as the light sensor for the auto-lamps. You should check F70 in the fuse box under the glove box. (F70 in most Mk2 cars, or F100 in the later fusebox.)

The dash will not light in Auto setting if the sensor is faulty or the fuse is blown, so that the headlights do not come on.

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, scoot600 said:

Since I replaced a blown fuse for my drivers side headlight, my auto headlights don't work and also I have lost the chime for headlights left on

On 1/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, scoot600 said:

What was the problem in the end? As mine aren't working  on a 2011 focus titanium 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club