Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VIN Number

Sonic72

Hi, I wonder if any of you guys can help. 

I ordered a couple of day after xmas and was told the car was in the uk.  The dealer gave the date W/E 14/1.  When I rang on Saturday I was told that this has been pushed back to W/E 21/1.  After pushing them they eventually gave me the VIN.  When I check this appears to be only the last 11 digits, so I cannot track myself.   I was wondering are the first 6 digits common and if so would someone be kind enough to share this missing numbers with me.

Thanks

JP

JP

The bit that is missing is indeed common to all and it is 2FMTK5.  That means it is a right hand drive Edge built in Oakville Canada. The next letter in the sequence will be A for Sport, for Zetec (called Trend in the rest of EU), K for Titanium or, for the really posh, V for Vingale.

You can then enter the VIN at Ford ETIS 

or http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=[put your VIN here]

to find out a bit more about your car.  They won't however tell you where it is.

You can also put you VIN here  in the Cargo ID field and it will tell you when it was shipped out of the US but again after Zeebruge you lose traceability.

Or you could just wait, but that bit is not so easy! Nearly 3 months for me now and the car is currently mid ocean, eta at dealer about 4 March.

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks Jim,

Your a star.

At least I know the car is real.  It just the waiting game now.  It's only been a couple of weeks for me, God knows how you feel after month's.

Thanks again

JP

It gives you plenty of time to do the kinda research needed to find out all the stuff above:dry:

• 2 years later...
On 1/17/2017 at 8:58 AM, Jim610 said:

JP

The bit that is missing is indeed common to all and it is 2FMTK5.  That means it is a right hand drive Edge built in Oakville Canada. The next letter in the sequence will be A for Sport, for Zetec (called Trend in the rest of EU), K for Titanium or, for the really posh, V for Vingale.

You can then enter the VIN at Ford ETIS 

or http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=[put your VIN here]

to find out a bit more about your car.  They won't however tell you where it is.

You can also put you VIN here  in the Cargo ID field and it will tell you when it was shipped out of the US but again after Zeebruge you lose traceability.

Or you could just wait, but that bit is not so easy! Nearly 3 months for me now and the car is currently mid ocean, eta at dealer about 4 March.

Jim

Hi Jim

Whilst tracking down my comments prior to writing to fmc concerning my edge, I came across your article above, so thought I would try this with my Edge.

Interestingly I get the message "Please check back later. The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

Etis tells me that my Edge is " Edge 2015-, 2.0L Duratorq-TDCi (132kW/180PS), Ruby Red (Metallic) " which is correct. Vin says my Edge is 2016 Model Year

Just wondering if I am missing anything here?

Happy motoring

Dave

Mine is also described as a Edge 2015- . That just means it is second generation. When I go to the above link I still see my window sticker even though the car was built 2 years ago.

Jim

On 1/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, DavesEdge said:

Edge 2015-

The dash after 2015 means 'onwards'. So in the case of the 2nd Gen, that covers EDGE's built in 2015,2016,2017 and 2018.

On 1/17/2017 at 8:58 AM, Jim610 said:

Once you find the ship name, you can track that 'live' on the AIS shipping website!

Traced mine (and about another 250 on the bill of laden) back in 2016 from the docks at New York (I suspect its a rail shipment from the factory to there) all the way to Zebrugge where it clears EU Customs (via Bremerhaven in Germany!). Took about 3 weeks. From Zebrugge they change ship and go to Southampton (takes about a week), I pestered my dealer a few days after it was last seen in Zebrugge and then had it expedited from Southampton the day it arrive. Manufactured on Aug 8th, It arrived in the UK in last week in November. I got it 4 days later ... 4 months total. (6 months from order).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club