Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main Dealer Car Sales

TomsFocus

Quick question...

Basically I've seen a few 1.0 Focus' in my price range, but they're all miles away.  Is it acceptable to ask the local main dealer to keep an eye out for a certain car at a certain price and have them let me know if one comes available locally before advertising it or will they just laugh and tell me to bugger off? :laugh: 

I'm guessing there must be cars traded in there or coming to the end of their finance deal all the time but can't I see where they're going atm, even at the local independents there are very few.  And I don't believe they're just so good that people are keeping them at the end of the lease lol.

Always ask they will often look out for you. Also if you have serious interest and the car is in the same group of dealers, they will often transfer the car to the local dealer

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I was looking like you are over the last 2 months, and had a fairly detailed search set up on Autotrader to make sure it only bought up the vehicles I was interested in.  50 mile radius (which is "as the crow flies" so a lot of mine turned up in Kent), and saw quite a lot in the Ipswich area (John Grose and Hammonds) although I finished up buying from Trust Ford at Woodford.  I live near Colchester.  I was getting pre Christmas about 3-4 new cars appearing a week

my mate was after a Hyundai coupe but it was a special edition thing (not many around) he asked a dealer to keep a look out at some of their other dealers and if one was available in the near future they would tell him see if he was interested. like guzz said above always worth putting an autotrader search up of the spec you want and see if one comes available some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

Always ask they will often look out for you. Also if you have serious interest and the car is in the same group of dealers, they will often transfer the car to the local dealer

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yes I was hoping that would be the case, as I can almost walk to one of the dealers it would be an ideal collection point without a PX, or they may even deliver such a short distance for free.

1 hour ago, Guzzilazz said:

I was looking like you are over the last 2 months, and had a fairly detailed search set up on Autotrader to make sure it only bought up the vehicles I was interested in.  50 mile radius (which is "as the crow flies" so a lot of mine turned up in Kent), and saw quite a lot in the Ipswich area (John Grose and Hammonds) although I finished up buying from Trust Ford at Woodford.  I live near Colchester.  I was getting pre Christmas about 3-4 new cars appearing a week

Thanks Larry.  I do already have an Autotrader search set up, and keep checking eBay and Gumtree as well.  My budget is the lower end of the scale though and despite living between 2 Grose dealerships and hoping something pops up at one of them I've only seen one there within budget so far which disappeared before I could even view it lol.

evans halshaw operate a scheme whereby if you see a car you'd like to look at which is located in another part of the country , they will relocate it to your nearest evans dealership within a week or so.

there is a £200 deposit for this but you get that money back even if you dont buy the car so long as you at least turn up for the test drive / viewing appointment.

this is how i bought my current car  :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biff55 said:

evans halshaw operate a scheme whereby if you see a car you'd like to look at which is located in another part of the country , they will relocate it to your nearest evans dealership within a week or so.

there is a £200 deposit for this but you get that money back even if you dont buy the car so long as you at least turn up for the test drive / viewing appointment.

this is how i bought my current car  :-)

Motorpoint do much the same thing... 

Good luck with the car hunt Tom. Mine goes on Thursday this week for my new one. There is a thread in the Focii section about it lol

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club