Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New window regulator

Patrico777

Hello

I got my friend to change window regulator  he changed it but window move up and down very slowly and sometimes it needs 3-4 times press buttom up to go up what could be the problem ?

IMG_5971.JPG

I had this problem when I bought my car, one touch wouldn't work even after I reset it so I assumed I needed a new motor, I took the door apart just to check the model number of the motor so I could order a replacement but when I put the original motor back it worked perfectly! No idea what changed, I assumed maybe dirt/debris where the regulator motor meets the mechanical side of things which then came loose by removing the motor. Not very helpful to you I know but maybe try taking the motor out, pressing the window switch to see if the motor travels fine then at least you know if it's a bad motor or too much resistance on the mechanical side.  What problem did you have with the original motor?

Seized cable maybe.  It might help if you lubricate the inner edge of the window seal.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Seized cable maybe.  It might help if you lubricate the inner edge of the window seal.

Me and my friend lubricated it tried everything 

3 minutes ago, BP2411 said:

I had this problem when I bought my car, one touch wouldn't work even after I reset it so I assumed I needed a new motor, I took the door apart just to check the model number of the motor so I could order a replacement but when I put the original motor back it worked perfectly! No idea what changed, I assumed maybe dirt/debris where the regulator motor meets the mechanical side of things which then came loose by removing the motor. Not very helpful to you I know but maybe try taking the motor out, pressing the window switch to see if the motor travels fine then at least you know if it's a bad motor or too much resistance on the mechanical side.  What problem did you have with the original motor?

This is ***** take lol paid £80 for new window regulator the old one plastic snapped

The reg usually breaks due to too much resistance on it...in this case I'd say the cable has seized somewhere.  Either they wear through against the sharp metal door skin or water gets in and rusts them.  Also check it hasn't been kinked anywhere when the inner doorcard was refitted.  Don't keep forcing it as you'll break the new regulator eventually.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The reg usually breaks due to too much resistance on it...in this case I'd say the cable has seized somewhere.  Either they wear through against the sharp metal door skin or water gets in and rusts them.  Also check it hasn't been kinked anywhere when the inner doorcard was refitted.  Don't keep forcing it as you'll break the new regulator eventually.

Im not sure bought this one

IMG_5972.PNG

I am crazy must say I should off just buy motor it self from scrap yard and change that

I assume you're trying it with the engine running btw?  It will be slow otherwise lol.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I assume you're trying it with the engine running btw?  It will be slow otherwise lol.

Yeah engine running its bit faster but still slow !

The stopping might just be where it needs to 'learn' where the top and bottom is for the automatic function.  Have you reset that yet?

Its working like charm now bought second hand one from scrapy!£25 put it in works perfect returned the new one !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club