Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration Between 60-70mph

Kev-Edge

Hi folks,

We've had our Edge since September and recently, it has developed a vibration through the floor when driving between 60-70mph. It feels worse when driving up a hill and unfortunately, it doesn't happen all the time when driving on level ground.  My wife had it in the dealers in December but they put it down to her accidentally switching on the lane departure.  It's booked in to the dealers again on Monday, so will see what they come up with.  

I've checked the tyre pressures and tyre conditions, and all seems good.  I'm hoping it'll be a simple fix, but have a feeling it's going to drag on finding what's at fault.

I am curious if anybody has had a similar problem

sounds like wheel balance needs checking

• Like 1

Wheel balancing did cross my mind, but I would expect the car to vibrate all the time if one of the wheel balances was out.  I have had something similar in my old A4 when the balance weights decided to part company with the wheel, and anything above 50mph was when it vibrated through the steering wheel.

Ill get them to check the wheel balancing and also the wheel alignment next week.

Its your rear wheels that need either balancing or the tyre wear is very uneven. When its the rear the whole car feels like vibrating at around 70mph. If its the front it tends only to be a vibration through the steering wheel at around 30mph.

Just to update, the dealer has found the problem to be a rear CV joint.  I'm stilling waiting on an eta from ford for the part, but was warned it could take a couple of weeks if they are on back order.

1 minute ago, Kev-Edge said:

Just to update, the dealer has found the problem to be a rear CV joint.  I'm stilling waiting on an eta from ford for the part, but was warned it could take a couple of weeks if they are on back order.

good to no what it is :smile:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club