Sign in to follow this  
Gerald mills

Gerald mills

I have a problem with my 55 plate 1.6 particular filter it as done 110,000 miles it was replaced 30,000 miles ago,it was regend 6months ago also on the 06/01/17 still run on limp mode,I disconnected the air flo meater the orange light comes on but runs spot on,70-80 mile per hr good fuel economy in fact if it were not for the engine management light on you would not no there was any thing wrong,and by the way I have done 2 to 3 hundred miles and still running great 

18 hours ago, Gerald mills said:

it was replaced 30,000 miles ago,it was regend 6months ago also on the 06/01/17 still run on limp mode,I disconnected the air flo meater the orange light comes on but runs spot on,70-80 mile per hr good fuel economy in fact if it were not for the engine management light on you would not no there was any thing wrong,

DPFs regenerate automatically every few hundred miles, in normal use. I guess the regen you mention is a forced regen, this should not be necessary unless something is wrong.

As to what is wrong, you really need a good diagnostic scanner. Whether it is reduced power (limp) mode, or just running at reduced power anyway because of a problem. It may not be the DPF. It could be a MAF (air flow meter) problem, and Eolys dosing problem, or something else.

For DPF related problems, Forscan is the best available for DIY use. It can be obtained for under £15 on a Windows computer, or a bit more on Android or iOS phones/tablets etc. I can give more info if you are interested. And I or others here are more likely to be able to help if we have the codes (DTCs) to guide us.