Sign in to follow this  
rm9

Somewhat planned S-Max 2.5T ST sleeper build

Hello everyone,

First off, the reason im posting in this neck of the woods regarding an S-Max is because you lot have the Focus ST/RS 2.5 which has pretty much the same engine, just more toys.

I'm planning to purchase an S-Max in the coming months and mod it past the 300+bhp mark, maybe even 400 if my pockets are deep enough, while making the car look somewhat standard (little touches here and there). To achieve the 300 mark, this is what i have planned:

Celtic tuning remap. Brings power/torque up from 217bhp/239lbft to 278bhp/315lbft

RS clutch upgrade: DMF, pressure plate, clutch, throwout/release bearing

AIRTEC intercooler

Scorpion turbo back decat/200 cell cat exhaust or custom, not decided yet.

Air filter of some sort/ CAIS

inlet plenum maybe?

new LSD

Uprated injectors

block mod

bigger brakes 355mm< discs and 6/8 pot calipers (front)

Forged engine (rods, liners, pistons etc.)

uprated turbo

Turbosmart e-boost 2 boost controller

estimated figure after all mods completed: 340-370bhp and around 400lbft torque

What else would anyone say i need/recommend? Thanks for reading

Richard

Everything you stated above still comes down to what engine you are using.

If you are using the normal 2.5 that is found is some Smax then 300 Bhp may be a issue But to 400 you would need load more work. 

One guy had already done this, it's a green smax. Uses a Focus RS engine. But the flames are a flamethrower kit. You may see it on YouTube etc.

I looks like the 2.5 engine in the smax will go up to 270ish with stage 1 remap. 

But I'm not 100% sure if you would need the famous block MOD or not. Being kind of the same engine I think you may need that first before pushing more power. 

I was just looking up the block mod and i am considering having it done once the mods start racking up. after ive had it done, im considering having an uprated turbo but that wont come for a long while i reckon

Get block MOD done at the same time as the clutch swap. This issue is once the block is cracked it's useless, even if repaired the issue tends to come back.

it's safer to do it. and since engine is apart anyway the couch can be put in also. 

Also the block mods renews most parts so the engine will be all set up to take the increased performance. 

thats a very good idea. ill think ill do that

On 19/01/2017 at 5:15 PM, nazsky786 said:

Get block MOD done at the same time as the clutch swap. This issue is once the block is cracked it's useless, even if repaired the issue tends to come back.

it's safer to do it. and since engine is apart anyway the couch can be put in also. 

Also the block mods renews most parts so the engine will be all set up to take the increased performance. 

I take it it's a BIG block to fit a couch in it? :whip: