Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Modifications List

Andywest2k1

I thought it would be a good idea to put all the MK7 modifications in one place. This will make it easier for newcomers and regulars alike to find out the different mod possibilities.

Format could be as follows:

1) Modification name

2) Pictures

3) Price

4) Website link or purchase information

5) Fitting instructions

6) Any other relvent Info.

:)

Here we go, small mod to get things rolling!! :-)

1) Modification name: Plastic Fog Light Surrounds to Chrome Foglights Surrounds

2) Pictures: See below for before and after photos

3) Price: I paid about £19 for each part so for a pair you are talking somewhere in the region of £35-38. (More expensive than I had first anticipated!!)

4) Website link or purchase information: I went to the local Ford dealership to order it from their parts department.

5) Fitting instructions: From behind (ie underneath the car), unclip the old plastic surround and remove. Clip in the chrome surrounds. Doesn't take very long, about 10-15 minutes

15162_369788420159_522420159_10216081_5785532_n.jpg

Before:

15162_369761530159_522420159_10215890_6615896_n.jpg

After:

15162_369761555159_522420159_10215892_4749824_n.jpg

In my opinion, the chrome looks better than the old plastic ones, but I know this is an area where opinions are split.

Whilst I have no plans to mod my car, so long as I can hold out anyway haha. I think having a dedicated thread with info would be a fantastic idea and VERY helpful. You may even be able to get some discount codes like we do with I4Detailing :)

1) Stainless Stell Ford Tax Disc Holder

2) For Pictures: http://www.richbrook-styling.co.uk/officia...disc-holders/41

3) Price: £19.95 + delivery

4) Website Shop: http://www.richbrook-styling.co.uk/officia...disc-holders/41

5) Fitting Instructions: Very easy. Just stick to the window with the sticky pads provided, hold for 5mins and your done.

I've finally managed to remove my foglight covers in readiness for spraying them satin black.

Once you removed the surrounds you see that they're quite easy to remove however it's one of those fiddly jobs that looks easier than it actually is.

DSC04671.jpg

Foglight surround as viewed from behind

DSC04673.jpg

View of one of the 4 retaining tabs

DSC04677a.jpg

View of the drivers side foglight with the plastic surround removed

Firstly the car would be better raised up at the front for easier access from underneath.

1. From underneath the car, raise slighty and push the rear of retaining tab no.1 (the bottom of the foglight surround). You will probably find that tab no.2 has released itself. If not push it from behind in the same way as you did with tab no.1.

2. I placed a doubled up piece of kitchen roll under the released tab no.1 (bottom one) to save it from possibly scratching your paintwork.

3. Again from underneath the car push the rear of retaining tab no.3 (the top of the foglight surround). It probably worth having a 2nd person to help gently pull the foglight surround from the front.

4. Now push the rear of retaining tab no.4 (the long side nearest the outside wing). This retaining tab seems quite difficult to push out due to the 2 pronged tab that locates against the plastic foglight surround. Again the 2nd person comes in handy at this point to help pull gently from the front.

That should be the surround off. You'll probably find the drivers side has easier access from underneath the car as the passengers side has the screenwash bottle in the way but you can manage to get your arm into the back ....... just!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stephen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

K&N Panel Filter

Pictures:

DSC02696.jpg

Price:

£44.72, probably could get cheaper if you shop around.

Website/purchase info

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=738

Fitting Instructions:

Completely simple!

1) Remove the 4 screws (circled in red on the pic below, hard to see though)

DSC02701edited.jpg

2) Lift up the air box lid and remove the standard air filter.

DSC02704.jpg

3) Put new filter in place.

DSC02705-1.jpg

4) Put air box lid back on and put the 4 screws back in and voila, finished!

Just a little pic to show the difference:

DSC02703.jpg

Other Info:

I can't say ive noticed that much difference but ive definitly noticed some improvement when accelerating at higher revs.

i removed the pipe from the inside of the air box dont know if it helped i also removed rear seats to see difference and there is a BIG change in acceleration

i removed the pipe from the inside of the air box dont know if it helped i also removed rear seats to see difference and there is a BIG change in acceleration

wait,so you are saying that you drove the car with the air intake hose off the filter box?

if that is correct,i have to ask you for your mental health?? do you know what could happen if you drive the car without the filter?

(if im wrong,sorry in advance :) )

wait,so you are saying that you drove the car with the air intake hose off the filter box?

if that is correct,i have to ask you for your mental health?? do you know what could happen if you drive the car without the filter?

(if im wrong,sorry in advance :) )

im more concerned by the fact he went to the trouble of removing the rear seats! i hope you also unloaded a dump before you drove it as that would have aided your acceleration somewhat lol

• 5 months later...

K&N Panel Filter

Price:

£44.72, probably could get cheaper if you shop around.

Website/purchase info

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/showdetails.php?id=738

I had a look on the web and 44.72 is without postal charge. I found another page:

http://www.performance-filters.co.uk/kn-element--panel-filter-ford-fiesta-vii-14-20082010-332955_p1515302.htm

and the total charge is 35.99... I only hope this is it :P

Nice find that...thanks im ordering now *S*

Gad dammit, why is it you have to register your entire life when buying from these shops, jsut let me buy the fecking thing!

Found This Web site selling few items for the MK7 Fiesta may be of interest.

Link to Website

i got a K&N cone on mine.... sounds FIT! easy to fit and loads tickin around on eBay, also want to smoke the lights think that will look hot as

woah, those taillight covers have knocked me for six

This post has been edited by DanGull: Today, 10:51 PM

Reason for edit:: Swearing - Lenny, read the rules - swearing is not allowed on FOC. This is the second time I've told you and this one resulted in a complaint, so a warning will be added to your account.

You. Got. OWNED.

If you want to sell them, you should use the "Buy & Sell" section,

Buy & Sell

Thanks for the link although I don’t know the seller of this item nor am I receiving commission for broadcasting the sale of the item or any other item I may list on the site, I just copy and paste the details of the item and enjoy helping others find what their looking for and also new parts they may not know about. The initial post was requesting Fiesta Mk7 mods and so I’ve responded with modifications I have found on the World Wide Web, my listings may seem very professional but I write as I would like to read from others listing similar finds,

man am i finding it hard to settle in here. :(

man am i finding it hard to settle in here. :(

m'only joshin ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club