Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Focus is going. Sorry

simcor

They did solve the head gasket failures by a redesign of the gasket. It included a small rubber ring built into it where the waterway was.
So you found the 75 poor build quality? I've never ever heard that before. The 75 was a fabulous car and build quality was equal to BMW. I had one for 8 years and trouble free apart from once the clutch master cylinder failed. Oh mine was the ZT by the way.

Nice looking car bud, love the colour and wheels. 
What made you choose a MG .?
whats the stats for it ? Mpg , 0-60 etc ? Bhp 

I've had a fair few Rovers and an MG ZTT .
I also looked at an MG 6 TSE 1.8 Turbo 160bop but that was a 2011 for the same price but decided on the 3 as its only 3 years old and the same price.

The 3 isn't going to set the world alight it is screaming out for a turbo version which would have been the icing on the cake.
106bhp I think and most owners report getting late 30's to low 40's average MPG. I got 42mpg out of the Corsa hire car when my focus went into the body shop.

DAB radio with USB and aux in.
Auto lights.
Auto wipers.
Hill hold assist.
Brake dish wiping to clear water of the discs.
Electric windows all round.
Cruise control.
Air con.
16" Diamond cut and black alloys
Auto dimming rear view mirror
LED daytime running lamps
Reverse sensors
That's all I can think of off hand.

Not to mention it's a 10k car new and I paid just 5k for a 3 year old car.

Effinghell a MG3. Nice one simcor. I have a big place in my heart for MG. I nearly bought a 6 before getting my current mondeo. Have a ball in it and I'm sure you will coz sod all the poor reviews. I've spoken to owners and they love them.

Aye went to see it as I've only seen them on the road and decided I was having it. Wanted a 6 but decided the 3 was the better buy currently for my needs.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looks like I am being shunned lol not even any Chinese rubbish comments lol

• Like 2

Haha I suppose if it had been a fiesta or focus or mondeo it would have been less of a climax?

I'm happy with it and can't wait to pick it up. Everyone likes different things.

Very nice!  I have only seen one of those in the flesh but as far as modern cars go, they do appeal to me.  Not enough to buy one, but you know what I mean...

• Like 1

Heaven forbid it's not a French car. In the broader sense, don't the those two words - French and reliability - in the same sentence, seem to raise serious questions?

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to say - it is good to see that MG have fitted them with proper handbrakes!!  Unlike those ridiculous electric button operated ones you see in almost every new car these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devonboy said:

Heaven forbid it's not a French car. In the broader sense, don't the those two words - French and reliability - in the same sentence, seem to raise serious questions?

Don't know about that - had a ride in a Pug 206 with 345,000 km on the clock today.  Sounded a bit rough but wouldn't most at that mileage and the owner still does 150 km daily return trip to work.  I've had a Pug and Citroen and taken both over 100k miles then passed them onto new owners who have kept them a good few years more.

Sorry, forgot to add that the MG looks good.  I'd never have thought about buying one, but why not!  Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Thing is for a low mileage similar fiesta or others would have paid probably 2-3k more at least for a similarly spec'd car. So decided now these are at a price I can actually afford one why not.

Obviously it's quite a different car to the Focus, but then again the Focus was a very different car to my Ztt diesel I had before. Different cars with good and bad points with all of them. It will also be the newest car I have owned and hopefully being so new and low mileage will give me some decent trouble free motoring but that will remain to be seen.

• Like 1

I'd bet it's not another Focus considering the game has been given away before your post lol

• Like 1

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 11:22 PM, stef123 said:

I hope it's not a Renault 1.5 engine lol 

Nissan Quashqai 

Look back a page it's an MG 3 I have bought lol

On 1/23/2017 at 5:32 PM, jmurray01 said:

Oh, I forgot to say - it is good to see that MG have fitted them with proper handbrakes!!  Unlike those ridiculous electric button operated ones you see in almost every new car these days.

My mate bought a 63 reg A-Class a month or two ago. Guess what malfunctioned on his car, on the way to the airport to catch a flight, whilst on the motorway? :biggrin:

Had to call a flat bed truck to move it, and ended up missing his flight! Must admit, made me chuckle a bit, glad I don't have that rubbish in my car!

Just at Shiny Shiny getting the outside of the car washed as it is absolutely disgustingly dirty and I feel bad part x'ing it with it so dirty lol so in about an hour I will be in the new car as the Focus will be gone. It's been emotional peeps lol mostly blood sweat and tears fixing the ***** thing lol

...in about an hour I will be in the new car...

...and that was posted 3 hours ago. I hope you've been having fun in the new one!

4 hours ago, simcor said:

Just at Shiny Shiny getting the outside of the car washed as it is absolutely disgustingly dirty and I feel bad part x'ing it with it so dirty lol so in about an hour I will be in the new car as the Focus will be gone. It's been emotional peeps lol mostly blood sweat and tears fixing the ***** thing lol

I don't blame you - thats cause you had the **** 1.6 TDCI version of it lol. If you had a petrol version, you would still be in love with it :wink:

Best of luck with the new car though mate.

To be honest, the 1.8 TDCI should have been a lot less troublesome! (hindsight is a wonderful thing!)

• Like 1

Does this machine have the BMW derived engine? Just asking as they have a timing chain made out of old sardine tins. speaking from experience

Really Devonboy? What car did you have that experience with?

11 hours ago, Devonboy said:

Does this machine have the BMW derived engine? Just asking as they have a timing chain made out of old sardine tins. speaking from experience

The 75/ZTT was the only recent MG to have a BMW engine, none of the new MG's have any BMW engines in them, the only reason the 75/ZT had a BMW engine (diesel M47R) was because MG Rover was owned my BMW when that car was built.

Sadly the car has picked up some damage today on the rear bumper, either from a car or a shopping trolley I think whilst parked in a Tesco car park, only place it could have happened, so ***** annoyed.

IMAG0511.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club