Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying a used Fiesta mk7 help please

Muhammad

Hello

I saw an ad for a 2010 ford fiesta titanium 1.6 titanium petrol. It's got a maroon interior and I'm going to view the car today. I know it's a cat D so I'll get an inspection done by a professional (RAC or Dekra) and it's done low mileage 27k on the clock. Had a look at MOST history and it's all clear apart from advisories on tyres. 

Just wanted to know if if there are any tips when I inspect it such as any common problems to look out for or of there were any recalls for this model.

This is my first post so apologies if I rattled on for too long.

I have the 2009 model and have a really irritating metal rattle coming from the seat belt housing that seems to be a recognised problem.

Trim generally is a problem.  It has been bolted together by chimps with spanners.

General quality of Ford cars is an issue lately, so making sure it has been looked after when it should have been is important.

Recalls.  Think there have been some - easy enough to check.

Usual stuff for any used car really.

I have a 2011 Titanium and had it for just over 2 years and its the 1.6,when you test drive it you will be very surprised how nippy they are.

I think mine is great with loads of toys to play with,the engine is solid and don't have a lot of noises (well i cant hear any from mine) and mine is 28k.

Look at this link below Etis and see whats on it and recalls etc (set it to u.k/English as if u.s.a you wont be able to enter the reg) this link should

be the u.k one.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Thank you everyone for the help I really appreciate it. @jace1969 thanks for the website I verified the VIN from there. 

So I went to see the car and there is no spare tyre instead its one of those kits. But it looked quite empty. There were lots of slots for stuff to go in but there were only 3 things in there. Two things for puncture repair which I'm assuming is a pump and a compressor and there was a towing hook as well. Nothing else including the locking wheel nut. Is this normal? I'm getting an inspection done from RAC cost me £219

I also found out the hard way it comes with  only 1 key and it self locks. I started the engine and went to have a look under the bonnet and closed the drivers door as I did. After inspecting the bonnet the drivers door wouldn't open and then the seller told me it self locks. Poor guy had to wait 3 hours for the AA to come and rescue him. He had about 1/6 left in his fuel tank from what I remember.

Anyone know roughly how much it costs to get another key cut? From what I've seen I have to go to Ford (because there's only one key) and they'll use a diagnostic tool so they'll charge an hour for labour (about £108) and then the key is £60 if I've got a key code which I don't think he has.

The kit in your boot is correct, there should only be three things in there. Definitely ask them about the locking wheel nut though.

You can change the self locking I believe, have a look through the handbook.

As for the spare wheel as said above is normal but as soon as i got mine it went and got a nearly new kit off eBay for i think around £40 which was

wheel with Tyre (new Tyre) and jack/wheel brace.

There are a few locksmiths about and garages that will do the key and program it that bit cheaper.

If you do have it you will love the drive of it as i did.

It is essential that you have the key to the locking wheel nuts.

Pretty sure he doesn't have both the key for the locking wheel nuts and the owners handbook. Had a look online the Ford website and can't seem to find anything on changing the self locking option. Anyone know how much it costs for the owner's handbook and how to get the key for the locking wheelnut or get the existing ones removed and replaced?

as jace1969 says, buy a 2nd hand unused spare off eBay. the spare that came with these cars if the extra £100 approx option was paid when new was a steel wheel with 175/65/14 tyre on.  it is smaller than the standard wheels on that car but is not a skinny space saver, it is the full size wheel off the studio model. that wheel is the same on the mk6 and the mk7 . the mk6 did have such a spare as standard so there are many available to buy. it fits properly in the boot.

is your insurance co OK with a Cat D car?  some insurers have differing views on this than others

Just got an inspection done and I've attached the report below. I don't know much about cars but do you think it's worth buying? I know I'll have to buy a new alloy wheel not sure how that much costs, get the rear bumper replaced in the near future and locking wheel nuts removed and replaced on top of reprogramming a new key from a dealer. They're asking £3800 for the car but I think I'll give an offer of £2,800.

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_01.png

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_02.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_03.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_04.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_05.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_14.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_13.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_12.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_11.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_10.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_09.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_08.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_07.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_06.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_15.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_16.jpg

RAC0266762jpeg_Page_17.jpg

I personally wouldn't go near it. It has had a hard life and the seller is clearly trying to hide an awful lot. Fords are two a penny, so wait for something more honest to appear.

Having read that report, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

as above sounds like a wreck and no care given at all, if offer the fuel it took to go see it in the first place haha

As all said above just walk away,there are plenty about to choose from and thats seems a bad one putting it mild,good money spent for the check.

When you say a cat D what was the main accident on the car if you know this.

He told me there was a "bump" on the bumper and that the bumper was reshaped to get the dent out, so still the original bumper and I believed him. But after the inspection I realised it takes a lot of damage and cost for it to be a Cat D and the inspection confirms that there was work done to both rear wings as well. The seller slowly opened up about it and now also mentioned the tyres so I'm gonna stay away from it.

I'd suggest moving along - as someone mentioned above; Fiesta's are ten-a-penny so there'll be a much better one round the corner.

Don't consider the RAC report you had done as money wasted but rather as money well spent!