Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka fuel tank

Belyars

I

What is so special about the tank, my partner thought that it was a Puma tank used in the Streetka, but this may not be so, it is certainly different from a KA hatch. Main dealer is quoting £437 plus vat for a Ford tank, but none available

Any thoughts.

Edited by Belyars

• 3 years later...

I know that this thread is over 3 years old, but it had no interest. The tank in question was removed and a repair using tank repair putty proved successful. However now the smell has returned so the tank is again suspect. Any used tank is now going to be over 14 years old and a ford replacement if I could get one, fitted would be close to the value of the car.

But a new Puma tank is available, so the original question, is the Puma the same as the Streetka?

Here is a pic taken 3 years ago before 1st the repair

ASIDSCN7915.jpg

The best way to find this out is to go onto an online car parts supplier, and search for fuel tanks for both cars, and then look for the manufacturer part number cross reference.  if it's the same then you know.

The Puma tank is the same as the Mk4 Fiesta tank.  It does look very similar but not quite identical to yours.  I wonder why the StreetKa is different from the Ka hatch?  Is there a particular piece of bodywork strengthening it needs to avoid maybe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333552301903

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:18 PM, TomsFocus said:

The Puma tank is the same as the Mk4 Fiesta tank.  It does look very similar but not quite identical to yours.  I wonder why the StreetKa is different from the Ka hatch?  Is there a particular piece of bodywork strengthening it needs to avoid maybe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333552301903

The saga continues...

The fuel filler is different on the Streeka so the tank needs a spigot to take the filler pipe hose. The Hatch tank just has a hole.

Now bought a new Fiesta tank from Germany, very keen price and amazing delivery. It will need fettling, a little of the flange relieved to clear the feed and return pipes plus a small mod where the fuel filter fits ( a bracket extended).

Will have to remove the existing fuel pump, so any advice getting the locking ring off will be useful. Is it usually worth a new locking ring, already have new gasket/seal.

ASIDSCN7917.jpg

• Like 1

Update on this, a bracket made to support the fuel filter, the Fiesta/Puma tank did not require relieving to clear the feed/return pipes. The filler stub in the correct position, a little longer (approx 6mm) so no problem and the filler breather outlet on the tank in a slightly different position, but again no problem and plenty of room for it, just needed the  rubber pipe shortening a little. Fixing holes in the new tank perfect.

job done

• Thanks 1

Hi, just going through the exact same process with mine and had the same thoughts about a puma / fiesta (ie ka but with a spigot) tank. Just checking before I go buy one- are you saying the tank itself was fine but you just had to trim the filler and breather hoses (and make up a filter bracket)??

if so, that’s great news because I’m coming to the conclusion you did (that a new s/ka unit isn’t an easy find..

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Doshy said:

Hi, just going through the exact same process with mine and had the same thoughts about a puma / fiesta (ie ka but with a spigot) tank. Just checking before I go buy one- are you saying the tank itself was fine but you just had to trim the filler and breather hoses (and make up a filter bracket)??

if so, that’s great news because I’m coming to the conclusion you did (that a new s/ka unit isn’t an easy find..

Sorry for the late reply, the filler hose did not require any shortening, just the breather pipe. The small tube to the carbon filter usually has a clip attached to the tank, as this was not on the fiesta tank  we have held the clip in place using a hot glue gun. The new tank did not require any mod, just a bracket to support the fuel filter, easy to make. New Tank £60, carriage £10 from Germany and delivered here in the UK within 60 hours of my order (ebay).

• 3 years later...

Which company did you get the fuel tank from. I wonder as mine is weeping a bit now. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club