Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fly wheel info

Dave1981

So I'm in the market for changin my clutch on my mk2.5 2.0.. I've been quoted £360 for clutch and bearing. But my mechanic mentioned my car comes with a duel mass flywheel and he says it's £225 + vat to change and naturally won't know of its going til he drops the gearbox. 

My question is, does the 2.0 have a duel mass as I have also been told it's a single mass one and also, if mine is duel anyone know of a conversion? 

I only have info from having a VW but yes a duel mass is recommended to be changed at the same time as the clutch, But their is a single mass conversion, they tend to be more expensive to buy but they don't tend to need changing in the future when fitting clutches. 

So depending on budget the following options would spring to mind 

1st just change the clutch 

2nd change clutch and duel mass flywheel

3rd change clutch and fit single mass flywheel

the issues with not changing the fly is paying twice on labour to remove the gearbox.

Hope this help Adam.

Helps a bit man.. my mechanic told me obv won't know condition of flywheel until gearbox n clutch is off.. but also he's asked round and their isn't a single flywheel conversion. 

Think to be safe I'll get both changed.. 

DMF's on petrol engines very rarely fail (unlike DMF's on diesels it seems).

Once the clutch is in bits, the mechanic can easily test if the DMF is within tolerance, if it's well within tolerance then it's only the clutch that needs changing.  DMF's on diesels tend to have a much harder life so tend to wear quicker, usually by the time the clutch on a diesel is ready for changing the DMF is either outside of acceptable tolerance or not far off it so it makes sense to change it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club