Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob battery message

Klownx

Hi,

My wife has a cmax 2011. It has the push button start feature. She had a message pop up a couple of weeks back saying key fob battery is low, please replace. I changed the battery for a brand new one, yet the message is still there two weeks later. Do I need to do something to make it register? I was under the impression that it'd detect it had a new battery and dissappear. 

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks very much. 

maybe the new battery wasn`t much good eaither, panasonic or maxell, duracell is what i always use, have you not got another battery you can try

Heard a few people with this problem. Some have said they have taken the car to Ford and there is a BCM update that cures this, I'm not convinced that that is nothing more than a money spinner for Ford. The two other methods I have come across with good success rates are easy fixes. First try this, start the engine and with the engine running press the lock button. If that doesn't work then disconnect the positive lead from the battery for 3-5 minutes then reconnect and all should be golden! It's a bit like when your computer doesn't something weird so you 'turn it off and on again'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club