Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 Bulb Removal

Jon Bhoy

Hi all and a belated happy new year!

Ok i know i am setting myself up to get shot down but tried the net,and the Haynes manual (which was useless) and drawn a blank.I have refitted all new bright white LED interior bulbs and i am trying to put the final one in the glovebox but have no bloomin idea how to get to it! Tried undoing the four T25 screws at the top but glove box did not move.I am sure i am missing something simple that i will slap my forehead with as soon as someone points it out but until then can anyone give me a clue please? ;-)

Many thanks all.

20170124_204951.jpg

I think there's some screws under the door as wel:smile:l

• Like 1

3 more screws at the bottom hidden by plastic tabs when the glovebox is open.

• Like 1

Thank you gents.I have sat in a dark garage with a small torch thinking there must be at least one elsewhere!!!Ok i am also on Morpheine for a painful condition at the moment,does that allow me off looking a total novice? ;-) All this for a bulb huh ;-)

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Thank you guys,it worked a treat.But out of the fire into an even bigger fire i unclipped the bulb housing and tried to get the bulb out with fingers....and would not budge!Lately having broken the centre interior light i have realised i am going through a period of ham fistedness :-( I dont want to pull apart a plastic guard thats not meant to come off but any tips on how to get the little bugger out.And also have others popped an LED light into that light or just left it as is?

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, Jon Bhoy said:

Thank you guys,it worked a treat.But out of the fire into an even bigger fire i unclipped the bulb housing and tried to get the bulb out with fingers....and would not budge!Lately having broken the centre interior light i have realised i am going through a period of ham fistedness :-( I dont want to pull apart a plastic guard thats not meant to come off but any tips on how to get the little bugger out.And also have others popped an LED light into that light or just left it as is?

Thanks again.

long nose pliers

• Like 1

Just now, dezwez said:

long nose pliers

Tried those Dez but couldnt seem to get them in enough.Will have a word with neighbour tomorrow to see if he has a slimmer pair.

13 minutes ago, dezwez said:

eyebrow tweezers

Good idea,will give it a shot.Thanks Dez

• Like 1

Can you grip the bulb with your fingers? If you need a bit more grip try wearing some latex gloves, that may help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Can you grip the bulb with your fingers? If you need a bit more grip try wearing some latex gloves, that may help?

Tried it with fingers every possible way and with glove,we are on the same wavelength there.Going to give it a shot tomorrow with tweezers.Many thanks Jon.

• Like 1

A string loop around the bulb works a treat.
That or flick the bulb out with a screwdriver.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Thank you Mr Stoney.Just been out again before i saw your post and tried,tweezers,smaller set of long pliers i have and also trying to lever it out with a small screwdriver.All failed.After a number of selected swear words i gave up and put box back in.Will try the tring attempt tomorrow.Its annoying the hell out of me now!lol

Are you trying to fish out the bulb while the holder is still attached to the trim?
If you pop it out of it's locating hole then it is dead easy to remove the bulb.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

No i have popped the switched unit off the trim but it has the directional cover around it so getting any decent purchase on it is a nightmare.Wish i had taken a pic now but if the string does not work ill take a pic of it then.Thanks again.

Ah here is a pic i found online.You can see the problem caused by the light surround

s-l1600.jpg

Thats a good idea mate but not even sure i can get one around it as there are what i would call cradle parts for the bulb in the housing that stop movement and adds to the hassle.The room around the bulb is tighter than me when its my round! ;-)

• Like 1

I would say break the bulb and pull the base out but because it's capless you run the risk of getting bits jammed in the contacts.
I know the bulb is a bit buried in the holder but perseverense will see it come out.
Have you tried 2 small screwdrivers (one on each side of the base)?
The bulb is tougher than it looks so a bit of prying won't pop it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I was also going to suggest breaking the bulb and screwdrivers but seems I have been beaten to it. I didn't think of a cable tie though, I'm going to bank that idea in case I ever need it, thanks@Stoney871

• Like 1

Great replies all.Ok tried string,fuse wire,one of those twisty things you get on a bread bad.....and the bugger still wont move!All bulbs looking great now apart from this yellowing one.This is crazy :-(

Ok guys,solved it so wanted to help anyone else with problem.I first of all taped down the switch to keep the light off then along the side got a small bit of duct tape and rubbed it as hard as i could against the bulb.I then used that to try to lever the bulb.It moved just slightly which was enough to get an electricians screwdriver under and prize it out.New LED now in and working and matching all the others.Thanks again for all your helpful advice.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club