Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Zetec missing Ambient Lighting

stewartw

Hi everyone

I collected my brand new Fiesta Zetec navigation last saturday the 21st January, I noticed there is no Ambient lighting? the brochure on the ford website does show that the Zetec model does come with ambient lighting as standard. can anyone please confirm this is true, as my new car does not have this fitted. the holes are all there just no lighting.

If It should have this fitted as standard, how should I go about dealing with the dealer/

Thankyou

Congratulations on the new car.

I currently have a Zetec courtesy car and it has no ambient lighting... It also has sat nav.

But might still be worth poking around in the menu. There's an option to turn it on and off.

How new is it? When was it built?

If it's old stock it might be before they included it as standard.

I dont know if it is old stock, it only had 10 miles when I collected it on saturday, it has 2 little red lights next to the dome lights where the reading light is,it has floor lights that light the peddles and passenger footwell, and thats it, I thought it was meant to have a small strip just above the glovebox but all that is there are some holes.

Thanks Gary, if your courtesy car Zetec doesnt have it then maybe mine also is same, confusing as the brochure clearly shows all zetec has ambient lighting, I did ring around some other dealers and was told the same all zetec spec comes standard with ambient lighting. will let you know what happens.

Alex thanks and nice Focus

what does fordetis say about vehicle spec?  i thought fiesta zetec had ambient lighting (mine is fiesta style which does not have it)

Well if it's got all the other bits, you should be a me to add the glove box strip easy. I've done it on my dad's car, parts were about £80 fr Ford iirc.

I will double check tomorrow, if I remember.  May be that the ambient lighting is switched off.

Just got of the phone to dealer, he said he looked on ford technical website and put my number plate in, it is showing it has submarine lighting fitted this is same as ambient lighting but its not there, also i spoke to other dealers and they say it should have it as its zetec spec, the dealer said they will contact ford to ask why its not there and see where to go, will update you later thankyou.

BTW this is my first ever ford ownership, not good experience so far

Submarine lighting is the LEDs next to the courtesy light, which you've said you have.

I think only Titanium and higher has the strip above the glovebox.

It's an easy fit though, you might find your dealer will pay for it if they don't know any better, lol.

53 minutes ago, stewartw said:

Just got of the phone to dealer, he said he looked on ford technical website and put my number plate in, it is showing it has submarine lighting fitted this is same as ambient lighting but its not there, also i spoke to other dealers and they say it should have it as its zetec spec, the dealer said they will contact ford to ask why its not there and see where to go, will update you later thankyou.

BTW this is my first ever ford ownership, not good experience so far

Checked the courtesy car this morning and definitely no ambient lights. And don't worry... Plenty more Ford ownership disappointment to come.

Hi guys, I was expecting a call from the sales manager today, but didn't get 1.

ok here is a link to the official ford website, you can google Ford and search Fiesta then select features and scroll down to Ambient Lighting and see the pics, there is a red glow strip just above the the glovebox and beneath the heater controls, cup holder are illuminated and so are the door pockets. Next to picture it give a description and says in brackets standard on Zetec, Titanium & Titanium X

here is a link please view and give me your opinions. It makes so much difference as I don't have any of these lights and was expecting it as standard. 

I also contacted a number of other dealers and they all replied it should be fitted as standard.

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Features

Thankyou all for the replies

Certainly seems that you should have ambient lighting, I always thought it was on the titanium and above but it's clear in the brochure. If it really bothers you, and it would if it was me cos if it's meant to be there it should be, then ask the dealer to look into retrofitting it at their cost. If that's no an option then negotiate a free service plan as recompense. If the dealers dig their heals in and say they can't do anything and won't do anything to rectify the situation your satisfaction then you could ultimately reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as not as advertised. That may not be in your best interest financially as you would be expected to pay some kind of fees for the length of time you have had the car, or at least until you notified them of the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club