Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta st1

Bevi3

im new to the forums. im sure many are fed up of talking about this problem but after hearing of thefts of the keyless start and entry models. what about the st1 model that has the key start? would i be any safer? i understand if someone wants the car they will have it but i assume the car wont have the same vunerabilites as the keyless models. thanks in advance

Varying reports. Some say both variants are vulnerable, whilst others just say the keyless type is.

So the advice is the usual mix of responses here - steering lock, OBD port lock, remove the fuse, stick a label on the window saying the port is dead, buy a Doberman, That kinda thing.

Speaking from experience. I think that you will find that it doesn't make a lot of difference whether you have keyless or not. The only diffence is that the keyless doesn't need the steering lock broken or jiggled .

The scumbags have electronic scanners that detect the codes to unlock the car and the same to connect to the OBD port to bypass the immobiliser. From 1st detection when I went to investigate the bleeping sound that I heard to the car driving off was 1 1/2 to 2 minutes at the most. I didn't have keyless start.

I now have the OBD port secured in a steel safe, (£125) and the steering secured with a Disklok.as a visible deterent. All inconvenient but better than having a car nicked again.

Fiestas are no more vunerable that any other car but you can stop them , don't think it wont happen to you a Fiesta was stolen in the next road the following week.

Prevention is better than the other option.

Ford Fiesta MK7 OBD Port Protection Device (OBD Protector) 2009 - 2015

ok thanks guys, was hoping it was just the keyless models. as much as i want an st, the thought of it being gone within a few mins is horrible. 12k is alot of money to spend on a used car, well it is to me anyway, being young and all that. so i assume the obd port can bypass all this on a key start model too 

It's not just st's my titanium got stolen and that was a key start the and that was also gone in a couple of mins. 

It may cost a few quid but if you have a Fieata, but get yourselves protected by fitting extra security. Make it as hard as you can so the scumbags have to look elsewhere. They want a quick job and a clean getaway, protect your OBD port and not by a cheap add on and get a good secure steering wheel lock like disclok. Any other and they can saw trough the steering wheel. May be inconvenient but more inconvenient to the thieves. Hopefully you will never know if it was worth it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club