• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carlo

• dannyhilton

• Jonny87

• Focus_ST-3

Has anyone got one or has fitted one to there Z-S

Good question, I would also be interested in info from anybody who has fitted the flashing knob.....

Good question, I would also be interested in info from anybody who has fitted the flashing knob.....

I'm getting my Zetec S tomorrow finally and I have the interior pack 2 with door sills and gear stick, I'll post some photos tomorrow to let you know how it looks!

I'm getting my Zetec S tomorrow finally and I have the interior pack 2 with door sills and gear stick, I'll post some photos tomorrow to let you know how it looks!

Cheers, would be good to see pics :) I dont think anybody has the illuminated sills yet so that would be good to see also

Ford have a accessories promotion on at the mo

http://www.ford.co.uk/CurrentPromo/FordAccessories

Illuminated fiesta gear knob is £65, not too bad really. The Leather handbrake cover is !Removed! expensice though! £108!! Thats even more than they're charging for a brand new leather steering wheel!

bedknobs.jpg

There's some pics in the Members Rides thread somewhere of the gearstick and sills both in the daytime and in the dark, all lit up.

I'll be sure to post pics of mine if it ever exists!

I've been trying to sit it to my MK7 Fiesta Zetec for a few days now. Fitting the lever is easy enough, and the wiring is a sinch, but finding the GEM (Global Electronic Module) to connect the cables too is the part that's got me beat. I've rang Ford dealer after Ford dealer, but it's not behind the glove box as the illustrations suggest. Does anyone have any ideas? Once I get them properly fitted I'll post up some piccies, as I have the Illuminated Door Sills too (which I can't find the GEM for either!) LOL.

Just to confirm guys, the illuminated gear knob and sills is the one on the ford promotions page?

I really like the look of this, aswell as the Fiesta sign lit up on the floor on the side of the car. I think I may be spending more money on customising my car today!

I think I am definitely going for the rear and front mud flaps, or are they standard on the titanium?

No mudflaps are not standard on titanium, either that or i've been ripped off lol

No mudflaps are not standard on titanium, either that or i've been ripped off lol

Cheers. Got some today, they will be fitting them when I go and collect!

I've been trying to sit it to my MK7 Fiesta Zetec for a few days now. Fitting the lever is easy enough, and the wiring is a sinch, but finding the GEM (Global Electronic Module) to connect the cables too is the part that's got me beat. I've rang Ford dealer after Ford dealer, but it's not behind the glove box as the illustrations suggest. Does anyone have any ideas? Once I get them properly fitted I'll post up some piccies, as I have the Illuminated Door Sills too (which I can't find the GEM for either!) LOL.

What sort of work is involved in fitting the illuminated knob?

Yep, I encountered this problem as well. As you say, the GEM is not there! I will take a picture tonight of what I did with the wire as I wasted a lot of time to find the apparently non-existent module.

Here you go mate its not ideal but definetely the easiest solution. I connected the wire into the headlight levelling circuit (via the fuse). It will tell you in the manual which fuse this is as it varies depending on the fiesta model. It means that the gear knob is on all the time but thats no bad thing ;)

IIRC the earthing point which Ford recommends requires you to remove the door sills and carpet. There is another earthing point in the glove box area which requires none of this hassle.

Hope this helps

gallery_6648_164_55240.jpg

gallery_6648_164_73229.jpg

A picture to prove it works LOL

gallery_6648_164_13993.jpg

What sort of work is involved in fitting the illuminated knob?

You have to take the plastic around the gear knob and footwell of and feed the wire to the board behind the glovebox. You could do it in about an hour but the Ford instructions complicate it a bit.

Here you go mate its not ideal but definetely the easiest solution. I connected the wire into the headlight levelling circuit (via the fuse). It will tell you in the manual which fuse this is as it varies depending on the fiesta model. It means that the gear knob is on all the time but thats no bad thing ;)

IIRC the earthing point which Ford recommends requires you to remove the door sills and carpet. There is another earthing point in the glove box area which requires none of this hassle.

Hope this helps

Mate, you do not know how helpful that is. I've spend the last few days either looking for it or waiting on the phone with useless Ford dealers who have no clue about anything. I cannot thank you enough, legend ;)

I might just connect my door sills up to the inside dimming light, cos then they will turn on and off with the lights!

Would still like to know where the GEM is for future reference, as I would also like to do these mods. Does anybody know?

• 4 months later...

Would still like to know where the GEM is for future reference, as I would also like to do these mods. Does anybody know?

Hi all, are you still looking for the GEM unit to connect the illuminated gear knob to?? if so i can shed light on the location??and will post pictures if required??

Sorry for the slightly offtopic but, You guys seem to know what your talking about with wireing things up and lighing things up ;)

Ive got footwell lights now in my ZS, ive order some WHite ones and some UV blue ones to see if they would look good or not. If they do, Id like them to stay on all the time. Is it possible to wire them into the sidelights so that they are on if the side lights are, or wire them to the courtesy light, as il just leave the bulb out of the courtesy light and use it as a switch for them.

Thaanks

Jay

Sorry for the slightly offtopic but, You guys seem to know what your talking about with wireing things up and lighing things up ;)

Ive got footwell lights now in my ZS, ive order some WHite ones and some UV blue ones to see if they would look good or not. If they do, Id like them to stay on all the time. Is it possible to wire them into the sidelights so that they are on if the side lights are, or wire them to the courtesy light, as il just leave the bulb out of the courtesy light and use it as a switch for them.

Thaanks

Jay

Hi the easiest way to wire these would be to wire them to the side lights if you want them on all the time! BUT why would you want them on all the time a big distraction when your driving at night.Majority of owners who have done this mod wire them to the courtesy light so they come on when the car is unlocked and go off when the ignition is turned on.

Ive been in a car with them on all the time/driving and they didnt distract me that much.

But yes, if they where wired into the courtesy light, and I turned the courtesy light to the "on all the time" position with the ignition on, would they light up also?

Thanks

It possible to add the new Gear Knob and Door sills after purchase? If so where would i get hold of the parts and how much would it cost me?

Cheers

bit dodgy that wiring on the wrong side of the fuse aren't fuses there for a reason :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club