Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta st actual mpg

CameronGuy10

Looking into getting an st or a zetec s red or black edition. My main concern with the st is the mpg, what mpg should I expect to get realistically from the st and the red/black ed?

Thanks for the help!

Depends on how you drive it of course. I can't say for the ST but I have a 140bhp ecoboost  St-line which is essentially the same as the red/black editions.

Driving it at an average pace I get about 47mpg on mixed town/motorway/country lane trips.

Recent trip of about 120 miles on mainly motorway 70 - 80 mph I was getting about 49mpg. At 65 - 70 mph it goes up to about 54 mpg

Around town about 40 ish.

If you drive it like a boy racer I think you'll probably get around 35 mpg.

I'd imagine the ST driven like that would be in the low 20's but I'm only guessing on that.

When I had the ST I got an average of 36-38 that's mixed A road and motorway. On a long motorway run expect around 48 and if you drive like you stole it around 30

My daughter has a zetec s 140 and whilst the ride is softer and it's a nippy little blighter the seats are uncomfortable and no where near as much fun overall

If you can live with the stiffness get the ST

averaging 34 on B roads and town driving, and thats with "spirited driving" could easily get over 40 if you took it carefully

I have the same engine in mine but with an eco-gearbox - im getting 28-30 around town and early 50s on a long straight run at a push. But anything with B-Roads attached and i see 38-42. The fiesta is far lighter but has a speed box which wont return much more.

I've had both a zetec s (125ps though so longer gears) and now have the ST, as said above really depends how its driven but i used to get 48 average out of the zs and currently 42 in the st on similar sort of driving(~50% motorway). The MPG hit isn't as bad as I thought it would be in comparison and in my opinion it's well worth it! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club