Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emissions

coalport

My 2001 Focus Endura TD has just failed the NCT (MOT) test here in Ireland on emissions with a reading of 7.860 anything over 3 is a failure,  last year it failed with a reading of 4.760 so I added a litre of Dipetane to the tank and passed the retest with a reading of 0.010, this year even with the Dipetane in the tank I got the high reading, I normally wind the engine up to 3000 rpm. I spoke to a local mechanic and he said wind it up to 4500 regularly and power wash the inside of the exhaust to loosen up the soot build up, any other members regularly wind their diesels up to this kind of rpm and any thoughts on power washing the exhaust or any other tips to get the reading down, the car runs perfect pulls really strong with no hesitation and burns no oil

Have a look for places that will do a carbon clean on your engine this drastically reduce emissions, as for power washing inside the exhaust I have no idea.

• Like 1

A Terraclean transformed (at the time) my 110K mile 1.8 TDCi to virtually feeling brand new, it also lowered my 'smoke' reading to well blow the UK MOT pass mark.  Your engine is the older version of mine and once Terracleaned, benefits from having the EGR valve blanked (15 minute job and a £5 part of ebay) to stop all the hot, sooty air getting blown back through the engine.

• Like 1

A Terraclean service will drastically reduce soot and emissions on a diesel engine.
Well worth doing in my opinion.
I was the first member here to have one done on my previous car (07 Focus 1.8 TDCI) and it felt like new.
I noted improved fuel economy and a visible reduction in exhaust smoke.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club