Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta engine swap

Greig473

Hi there,  I have a 1.25 Fiesta but I've got my hands on a eco boost donor car is it a simple engine and ecu swap to get it running? 

All help appreciated 

simple answer - not in the slightest - completely different generation of car and engine combination.

nothing is impossible , but success is highly unlikely.

How is it a different generation of car?  There is 6 months of a difference both face lifts 

8 minutes ago, Greig473 said:

How is it a different generation of car?  There is 6 months of a difference both face lifts 

you never mentioned the year of your car nor the age of the donor engine , so i assumed , incorrectly it appears , you had an older generation of fiesta where the 1.25 engine was common.

Assuming they're the same shape doing the swap should be fairly straight forward.

You really need to add info like the below, as said the 1.25 was more common in the old generation Fiesta it's pointless having in the current gen.

Year of current car:

Year of donor car:

What's the likely price hike from your insurance company as it will be classed as a modified car. 

Hey guys sorry for lack of info on my part,  mine is 14 plate was silly miles and the other is 13 plate 

Id imagine I'd need clocks key bcm etc but rather be sure 

I don't know if this is the case on the Fiesta but generally speaking the ECU and BCM are cryptographically tied together and the simplest swap (i.e. without neutralising the BCM or recoding keys etc) would likely mean doing the engine, ECU, BCM and lock barrels.

I would imagine it's doable however I can't help but wonder that if the goal is a 1L turbo Fiesta then that's probably what you are best trying to get hold of using your car and breaking the donor to help fund it? Of course, if you're doing it for fun, challenge, education etc then I'm right behind you!

Note that the resale value will likely be heavily impacted as a result of an engine upgrade.

• Like 1

I was planning on running it into the ground tbh, but I've gotten everything I need for meer pennies so why not. 

Yeah resale will be crap but like I say fun it too destruction lol

Thanks for help 

Aren't the gearboxes/clutches different too?  The EcoBoost having longer ratios and a stronger clutch?

That's a good point - I must admit I hadn't considered the gearbox aspect. I think I was more picturing the engine being pulled out and returned complete i.e. with transmission attached.

I had a little nose with the car today,  will I need the full ignition barrel or can you just change immobiliser components to suit 

The immobiliser is matched to the chipped key and so if you swap them over you'll need the matching ignition barrel too.

Hi,

If you find you have any issues with insurance for modifications then please feel free ti drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

it does sound a challenge. these things never quite seem to go to plan and there always seems to be more parts than expected that do not match up. I couldn't tell you what those parts might be. It would be interesting to hear from you at the end of this project.

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Need help done a engine swap to a 1.25 2007 fiesta got a 1.3 engine from a 2003 clocks ecu loom keys ect but the connectors for the clocks are diffrent any help thanks 

Need help done a engine swap to a 1.25 2007 fiesta got a 1.3 engine from a 2003 clocks ecu loom keys ect but the connectors for the clocks are diffrent any help thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club