Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revved focus and BANG!!!

Ben1989

Continuing on from my previous post...

Ford Focus Zetec S 1.8 tdci 2009

Few problems I've been having...

- alot of blue/white smoke on start up (smoke smells bad, hint of diesel)

- kangaroos through gears 1-3 until driven a bit

- ticking/tapping noise from engine

- sounds like a tractor

Continued...

This evening, I started car, took about 7 or 8 seconds to start, same problems I've listed. I went indoors, fetched the kids, strapped them in car, gave it a couple of high revs to clear the smoke as it does clear when driven for a bit and BANG! oil everywhere, debris on floor!

Please help!!!

It would most likely help in identifying a cause. Can you show us the damage to the engine too?  

Nasty. Can you see where on the engine those parts have come from to give us a rough idea?

Still can't see great, you'd be best taking off the splash guard (Looks like it's held on with a cable tie :/ ) 

• Like 1

When it went bang did the engine cut out instantly? Going by the pics clearly something has detonated and at the moment as i can't see too great with that under tray in the way - I'm gonna say there has been some vibration from the engine not running correctly and the crank or piston has left the block. 

I revved to 4000 rpm, it has a limiter, 2nd rev to 4000 and it made a crunch sound, bang and a bit of aftermath (like putting a sheet of metal in a paper shredder). Engine is not dead.

Took it to 2 separate garages last week, 1 told me EGR valve, another told me injectors.

Bit too late now haha.

if you can get some pics tomorow with that under tray removed would help a massive amount in determining whats gone wrong. 

Looks like sump parts to me.
Possibly a rod shattered and took the sump out on the way.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

injector fault, causing bent rod (causing poor  running) then from continued use the rod has broke and shot out side of block.

thats my guess. 

• Like 1

It'll be a new (second hand) engine for a start and most likely a set of injectors. 

Where in the country are you? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club