Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Red Edition Fiesta

Danny|92

On 21/07/2017 at 5:55 PM, Danny|92 said:

Yeah I saw that topic of yours the other day, crappy luck! Especially when the car is so new as well. I've had a few near misses with people (including a bus) but thankfully nothing has happened yet. Top advice on fitting a dashcam though, I had one in my previous car so just transferred it over and have had it installed in the Fiesta since the day I collected it.

Just for anyone else to note if they're seeing this as well..

I put my dashcam in the centre of my windscreen at the top, next to the black box. Then realised my GPS has absolutely no signal, so completely screwed that. I figured the GPS signal was through the black box behind the rear view mirror. Moved my dashcam over 15cm and my sat nav has been fine since.

Just thought I'd mention for anyone else who has a dashcam and their GPS isn't working!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So update time. I've had the ST back box on for about a week but haven't posted because of a small incident with one of the mudflaps (I nudged a curb a bit too hard and pulled it off) but now everything is sorted thankfully! The car is looking really good in my opinion but I'll let the picture speak for itself and you can make your own minds up!

IMG_20170801_123137.thumb.jpg.fb8b462929133fa0e977dd965f0f6ab6.jpg

Along with the TRC diffuser, RallyFlapz, de-badge and ST back box I have finally managed to replace the number plate bulbs with white LED's from CEUK. If you remember earlier on in this thread I mentioned that I couldn't get the right housing out, but with brute force I finally managed today!

Here's what the clip that holds the housing in place should look like:

IMG_20170801_103943.thumb.jpg.6624a1551a159cfdd1415557852f2dde.jpg

And here's what it actually looked like once I managed to pry it out:

IMG_20170801_103507.thumb.jpg.f4a4f25befbb3e9738f337b32b5019d7.jpg

I may just replace them with the full LED unit from CEUK but for now I've bent it roughly back into shape and stuck with the bulbs.

I hope you all like the changes, as I said, I'm super happy with it right now!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

How you finding the ST Backbox mate? 

I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. The stock exhaust basically made no noise so its nice to have a little bit of noise when you get further up the rev range. 3000-3500K RPM seems to be the sweet spot for being able to hear it over the engine sound when you're in the drivers seat and there is a nice little "burble" when you come off the throttle around the same rev range. I mostly got it for the aesthetics as it finishes off the back end but the sound is an added bonus. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danny|92 said:

I'm pretty happy with it to be honest. The stock exhaust basically made no noise so its nice to have a little bit of noise when you get further up the rev range. 3000-3500K RPM seems to be the sweet spot for being able to hear it over the engine sound when you're in the drivers seat and there is a nice little "burble" when you come off the throttle around the same rev range. I mostly got it for the aesthetics as it finishes off the back end but the sound is an added bonus. 

Exactly the same as mine! When you're reversing near a wall it sounds so deep and not like a 1.0 at all... it's great :laugh:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

Exactly the same as mine! When you're reversing near a wall it sounds so deep and not like a 1.0 at all... it's great :laugh:

I must find an excuse to go into town and park in the multi-storey to do just that 🙄

• Like 1

The back end looks sweet! Debadging, exhaust and mud flaps are all an improvement imho.

• Like 1

looking good from the rear fella and as you say the flaps, st exhaust and st diffuser have added a great look to the rear. glad you managed to reattach the flap mate I done the same thing not long after I put mine on ha ha. any chance when you got 5 mins spare you could take a night shot of the number plate bulbs please

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, b4zz said:

looking good from the rear fella and as you say the flaps, st exhaust and st diffuser have added a great look to the rear. glad you managed to reattach the flap mate I done the same thing not long after I put mine on ha ha. any chance when you got 5 mins spare you could take a night shot of the number plate bulbs please

Luckily there was just a small bend in one of the bracket arms so was an easy enough fix! I'll be paying more attention from now on that's for sure! And yeah if its not raining later I'll grab one, if not tonight whenever I get chance.

14 hours ago, Danny|92 said:

Luckily there was just a small bend in one of the bracket arms so was an easy enough fix! I'll be paying more attention from now on that's for sure! And yeah if its not raining later I'll grab one, if not tonight whenever I get chance.

yea that would be good if you could mate. sounds like you were lucky then with the flap

On 27/02/2017 at 1:44 PM, Danny|92 said:

So since the foot rest, or "dead pedal" or whatever you want to call it was delivered its been sitting unopened but I finally got around to installing it today so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures. I think it adds a nice touch to the foot well and compliments my Lockwood S kick plate pretty nicely. Please excuse how dirty the inside is, believe it or not I cleaned it last week :(

Fiesta_Dead_Pedal.jpg

Fiesta_Dead_Pedal__2.jpg

And of course I couldn't avoid a quick picture while I was out!

27-02-17.jpg

I'm definitely going to think about the TRC front and side splitters when I next get paid. That extra little low-line touch would look amazing from this angle!

Where did you get the foot rest from mate have you got a link? 

On 03/08/2017 at 8:40 AM, b4zz said:

yea that would be good if you could mate. sounds like you were lucky then with the flap

Haven't had chance to get a picture yet, its been raining both nights.

16 hours ago, Aarron96 said:

Where did you get the foot rest from mate have you got a link? 

I found the link, it was from eBay but the seller has stopped doing them now by the look of it and I can't find the same one anywhere else unfortunately. Here's the link for reference anyway: http://ebay.eu/2v6h7FA 

1 hour ago, fraserrg said:

How easy was it to fit the exhaust? Any cutting involved?

No idea, as far as I know it was simply a case of cutting the old box off, making a sleeve for the different size pipes and attaching the new box. However, I have neither the knowledge or equipment to do it myself so I paid my local exhaust place (PowerFlow) to do it for me. 

no worries about the pics of the number plate bulbs as in no rush just when you got a spare 5 min and its dry

• 5 months later...

Hiya mate,

When you had the standard diffuser with the pin stripe, how did you get the pin stripe across the split join on the left hand side of the diffuser?

Cheers

Marcus

• 1 year later...

Did you notice any difference in noise fitting the k&n? As standard they are so quiet but the exhausts I've heard are too loud for my taste... It just needs a little noise imo

On 9/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, Cturner89 said:

Did you notice any difference in noise fitting the k&n? As standard they are so quiet but the exhausts I've heard are too loud for my taste... It just needs a little noise imo

The K&N filter won't change how the exhaust sounds if that's what you're asking. There is a slight increase in turbo noise when you let off the throttle but that's about it. Don't expect much.

UPDATE.

Wow, its been a long time since I was on here, 2 years in fact since my last post! Had a question from somebody so may as well give an update on the car while I'm here for anybody that is interested seeing as quite a lot has changed!

Here's the current modification list for the car:

Triple R Composites Front Splitter
Triple R Composites Side Skirts
Triple R Composites Rear Diffuser
Triple R Composites Spoiler Extension
Triple R Composites Eyebrows
Cobra Sport Cat back Exhaust
Airtec Stage 2 Induction Kit
Mountune Primary Induction Hose
Mountune Secondary Induction Hose
Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs (30/35mm)
Eibach Pro Spacers 15mm (Front)
Eibach Pro Spacers 20mm (Back)
Revo Stage 1 Engine Re-map
Performance Creations RallyFlapz

**To save time before anyone asks, no I don't know where the rear lights are from, they were on the car when I bought it**

If anybody wants to follow me I'm on Instagram: @danny_fzs

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

IMG_20190718_144028_2 (2).jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an update but I went out yesterday and got a few new pictures, just to make the most of the nice weather while it lasts! This is how the car looks now and I'm finally happy with it after 2 and a half years 😅

DSC_0173-flare.jpg

DSC_0178-flare.jpg

• Like 1