Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick questions about nuts

spottedtango

Hello just a slight problem im having the locking nut key has sheared off inside and i can no longer get the tyres off. The locking nuts on the wheels are all fine.

So, is the locking keys for the mk6 generally the same so i could order a new one off eBay or are they specific? 

Details:

mcgaurd locking key

03 fiesta mk6 zetec.

they are specific , well mcguard probably make 20 or so different key profiles to reduce duplication.

replacement keys are available but you need a key number or code to get the right one

or take a close up photo of locking nut and email it to mcguard , see if they can send a new one out.....

• Like 1

if they were all the same there would be no point in them as a thief would carry one with them. on my mk6 fiesta there was a code with the paperwork i got with the car.

they do look very prone to damage to me . when using it you need to make sure you keep pressing hard towards the nut so it can not slip out as the groove is not very deep

• Like 1

Ford dealers keep duplicats of most of the keynuts.if not there are tools for removing them.

• Like 1

Ah I see that's a pain in the bum.  The whole thing literally just sheared off, it was fully pushed in. I'm not having much luck with this car tbh

34oyeq0.jpg

heres a pic.

Has anyone had the locknuts removed and replaced with ordinary ones, if so how much did it cost? Im also considering about getting a replacement key for it. Has anyone went down this route before?

yeah ford wheel nuts are rubbish , the locking bolts were rusting when i bought my car

threw them all in the bin and used normal bolts - a bit of a risk from have the wheels pinched but having locking nut problems is just too much hassle. 

if you have the standard alloy wheels then i don't think the theft risk is that bad these days as so many cars have alloys wheels as standard now. if you had some more expensive optional ones or genuine wolfrace etc i might still be worried

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club