Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Catch Can?

Sack13

Hi gang,

Quick question, is it worthwhile for me to install an oil catch can on my MK2 focus 1.6 TDCI? And if so, any recommended products?

Thanks in advance, Sam 

• Like 1

On Thursday, February 02, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Sack13 said:

Hi gang,

Quick question, is it worthwhile for me to install an oil catch can on my MK2 focus 1.6 TDCI? And if so, any recommended products?

Thanks in advance, Sam 

It is well worth fitting an oil catch tank to prevent your intercooler from filling with oil but Theres only one model of oil catch tank which will fit your engine mate, 

It has to be a 25mm inlet and outlet you see, fitting anything smaller will prevent the breather system from working and damage the engine. 

see guide: 

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

It is well worth fitting an oil catch tank to prevent your intercooler from filling with oil but Theres only one model of oil catch tank which will fit your engine mate, 

It has to be a 25mm inlet and outlet you see, fitting anything smaller will prevent the breather system from working and damage the engine. 

see guide: 

Knew I could rely on you Lenny ;) It was your guide that put me onto the idea in the first place, seeing as I've noticed a lot of misting when dismantling the air intake.

Yeah they're out of stock, I contacted the shop and they're gonna be another 2 weeks until they're available again. But that's 2 weeks closer to payday!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an addition, is it worthwhile cleaning the intercooler after fitting the catch can?

3 hours ago, Sack13 said:

Just as an addition, is it worthwhile cleaning the intercooler after fitting the catch can?

Would be well worth cleaning it out because it won't be collecting oil anymore after the catch tank is fitted 👍

take care not to damage the fins when cleaning, perhaps remove intercooler and fill it with petrol and leave it for an hour to break down the oil then pour it out in to a bottle id somthing 

then leave it to dry for a bit prior to refitting,

You may also like to paint it black👇

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club