Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! Do Mk7 fiesta st seats fit zetec s?

Benmk7zetecs

Hi, I'm a complete novice when it comes to car repairs/modifications, but I'd really like to upgrade my seats! 

The question is...

Do ford fiesta ST leather recaro seats fit a ford fiesta mk7 zetec s? 

Can I literally unbolt mine, unclip electrical connector, remove. 

Bolt in the new recaro seats, clip in electrical connector and the job is done? 

Has anybody on here done this? 

Any my help would be appreciated, as I've broken my drivers seat, and I need a replacement ASAP :/ lol. 

Ive included a picture of my seats. And a picture of the st seats for you to look at :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am going to do exactly the same thing. 

The seats do just unbolt (4torx screws), the problem I found is that the wiring plug from the zetec has a totally different layout and doesn't fit into the female plug on the underside of the recaro seats.

I guess getting the heated seats could be tricky, and would require extra bits but I was hoping just to get the seats in. 

I am hoping I can find out which wires are which in the zetec, take these terminals out of the original plug, put these into the corresponding terminals of a recaro plug and fingers crossed all works without setting off airbags or warning lights.

If anyone has any info on the colour coded plugs on both the zetec and the recaro ST seats, any pointers as to which should go to which would be good.

• 10 months later...

I have just done this and fitted the st seats without any issues, the plugs fitted fine but mine is a 7.5 facelift model. There is a post here somewherei've read where someone had the same issues with the plug being smaller but they just removed them and connected them to the seat, whilst looking at breakers for the right size plug to fit.

One important thing is to disconnect the battery when unplugging the seats and dont reconnect until all plugs are in place, you dont want the airbags going off and wrecking your nice st seats.

• Thanks 1

Plugs on the bottom of the seats are different from the Pre facelift to facelift models. I have Focus RS Recaros in mine, but as suggested simply remove the plugs from the housing and connect them up. Just remember to take note which plug came from where and which way it was plugged in. 

On 2/1/2019 at 7:36 AM, LesPes said:

I have just done this and fitted the st seats without any issues, the plugs fitted fine but mine is a 7.5 facelift model. There is a post here somewherei've read where someone had the same issues with the plug being smaller but they just removed them and connected them to the seat, whilst looking at breakers for the right size plug to fit.

One important thing is to disconnect the battery when unplugging the seats and dont reconnect until all plugs are in place, you dont want the airbags going off and wrecking your nice st seats.

Thanks mate will try them before they go to the upholstery guy to have the ST logo removed 

• 2 weeks later...

Les, fitted the seats the weekend without any issues 👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for help

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lamps72 said:

Les, fitted the seats the weekend without any issues 👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for help

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted. I bet you have already noticed the difference in the firmness !!  lol, fitted mine and drove 200 miles back home and thought i was in a straight jacket. Now, i don't even notice it, they feel good.

• Sad 1

Only the wife have drove it so far and said they are nice 🙈 I also had the ST logo removed 👌🏻👌🏻

8 minutes ago, Lamps72 said:

Only the wife have drove it so far and said they are nice 🙈 I also had the ST logo removed 👌🏻👌🏻

Can't see the image but i did see that you had the logo's removed, was it an easy job?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 12:35 PM, Nick_T said:

Plugs on the bottom of the seats are different from the Pre facelift to facelift models. I have Focus RS Recaros in mine, but as suggested simply remove the plugs from the housing and connect them up. Just remember to take note which plug came from where and which way it was plugged in. 

Do you mean you’ve got focus RS seats in your fiesta S? If so how did you do it and were any extra parts/requirements to do this? I’ve been looking at getting the blue/black recaro RS seats and putting them into my zetec S 2016

• 4 months later...

Any photos of how the wiring was changed or video anywhere as got st seats to put in pfl 

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread just wondering how did you all get on with the swap, considering doing the same swapping cloth for leather  if the mk6 will directly replace the mk7 without to much modification 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, Richy94 said:

Do you mean you’ve got focus RS seats in your fiesta S? If so how did you do it and were any extra parts/requirements to do this? I’ve been looking at getting the blue/black recaro RS seats and putting them into my zetec S 2016

Take a look here: - 

6 hours ago, casuk said:

I know this is an old thread just wondering how did you all get on with the swap, considering doing the same swapping cloth for leather  if the mk6 will directly replace the mk7 without to much modification 

MK6 Fiesta seats won't fit a MK7 directly. MK7 to MK7 is a straight forward swap :) 

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, Nick_T said:

MK6 Fiesta seats won't fit a MK7 directly. MK7 to MK7 is a straight forward swap 🙂

Thanks mate so any mk7 seats would fit regardless of year as long as there are from a mk7, I was planning on fitting 2016 leather seats in my 2009 

9 hours ago, casuk said:

Thanks mate so any mk7 seats would fit regardless of year as long as there are from a mk7, I was planning on fitting 2016 leather seats in my 2009 

Yup, as long as they are from a Mk7 no issues at all. Just remember to swap over the plastic block that holds the electrical connectors across to your new seats and take note of which plug went where. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Nick_T said:

Yup, as long as they are from a Mk7 no issues at all. Just remember to swap over the plastic block that holds the electrical connectors across to your new seats and take note of which plug went where. 

Hi mate I'm just about to order a set of seats at a good price, I'm still a little bit unsure of fitting, you say transfare the little box does that just unscrew from the underside of the seat and directly fits the replacement seat,, the new seats are also heated will that be an issue with my car not having heated seats before 

It literally just slides off the peg it's sat on. Slide it off and put it on your new seat. Won't be an issue with the heating, just means you will have an extra wire. Just tie it up out the way somewhere. 

• Like 1

Thanks mate that seems easy enough, i think I'll buy them them 

• 3 weeks later...

I received the seats today got them for a steal, look great in black and gray to go with the rest of my interior, cant wait to get them fitted they look a helluva lot more comfortable than my current ones, I'm going to fit it on friday, there seems to be a lot of connections tho which has got me nervous, I'll be back for some advice in the coming days some stupid questions too so please bear with me 

• Like 1

Having a good look at the connectors in my car I have a purple and an orange connectors going into the black box thing, orange seems to be airbag and purple goes to the seat belt as far as I can tell, the new seats there are 5 connectors 3 go to the heater plug they are blue, brown and black, I take it I just support them out of the way ie I dont use those as iv no heated seats before so dont plug them in anywhere, also the new seats are yellow for air bag not orange like mine I take it that's just a coulor change not a different plug so should fit, wanting to get them fitted asap just wanting to know if the connectors will fit before I start stripping the interior out 

• 10 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:43 PM, casuk said:

Having a good look at the connectors in my car I have a purple and an orange connectors going into the black box thing, orange seems to be airbag and purple goes to the seat belt as far as I can tell, the new seats there are 5 connectors 3 go to the heater plug they are blue, brown and black, I take it I just support them out of the way ie I dont use those as iv no heated seats before so dont plug them in anywhere, also the new seats are yellow for air bag not orange like mine I take it that's just a coulor change not a different plug so should fit, wanting to get them fitted asap just wanting to know if the connectors will fit before I start stripping the interior out 

Just gone down the same route. Original plugs are the same as yours, except the passenger has a green connector (passenger seat occupied)

The new seats have the additional blue, black, brown for the heater pads/seat relay.

But the orange and yellow plugs are in a different orientation so will not mate.

Did you fit the new seats? Have any issues?

If so how did you over come them?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club