Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Port In Glovebox

Focus Newbie

Hi guys, quick question for those who have the aux port in the glovebox - is there a way to feed an aux wire out so I can keep my phone out, or do you leave your phone / mp3 player in the glovebox? Looks like I would need a right angle connection in order for the glovebox to shut, but cant see a way to have it so the wire is in the car (cant see any openings in the glovebox. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, quick question for those who have the aux port in the glovebox - is there a way to feed an aux wire out so I can keep my phone out, or do you leave your phone / mp3 player in the glovebox? Looks like I would need a right angle connection in order for the glovebox to shut, but cant see a way to have it so the wire is in the car (cant see any openings in the glovebox. Thanks in advance.
i did this. Bought right bend aux cable around a metre to where heated front screen button is & bought a aux/usb switch which is fitted in blank switch plate.you then take a feed from switch which has two connections.
1, 3 .5mm jackplug
2, micro usb like ps3 controller. Then the aux 3.5mm goes in one & buy a female micro usb with usb on other end.now you need 12v power from power outlet.

Check my build. Mk2.5 focus titanium build diary just started...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

861cf938e744f9da0245c20df12299b3.jpg
f93b522d1dd158808e403896aa69e4e5.jpg
99ff8fbf12aa57f219d3cb2dc9797bad.jpg
You need all this & also a power outlet to plug in usb adapter into. I found a power outlet multiplug behind ash tray as i dont have 12v power outlet next to gear gaitor as i have power engine start button.
Yunii

Wow, impressive! I have electrical skills on par with asking a goldfish to fill out a housing benefit form. Maybe I will just stick with a Aux cable in the glove box. Thanks for the reply, must be a pretty sweet set up in your car!

• Like 1

Wow, impressive! I have electrical skills on par with asking a goldfish to fill out a housing benefit form. Maybe I will just stick with a Aux cable in the glove box. Thanks for the reply, must be a pretty sweet set up in your car!

Yes it is. Its fully loaded with expense spared. I fitted component Speakers & tweeters replacing stock , also underseat subwoofer running with stock sony dab 6cd headunit. Sounds awesome.
Yunii

I just researched the below and it looks very good. Will buy it on Monday and will install it over the next few days so will give you on update

Kinivo BTC450 bluetooth Hands-Free car kit for cars with aux input jack (3.5 mm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BW7KybDB8SMKW

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hey, just saw this thread. My car is broken at the moment after the crash. So fully modding will be after car repair. What I did is replace BT/AUX module with BT/USB/AUX module. Now I have USB and AUX in the glovebox. I did buy plastic holder for armrest before around 20 pounds from local Ford dealer, seen on pictures here. Used plastic gun to glue 2 old AUX M-F and USB M-F in plastic holder. So I just need to put it in the car. This is more OEM, I think.

2017-02-03-884.jpg

2017-02-03-886.jpg

Yunni - oooh very nice, I remember years ago helping my cousin swap out the sound system in his GTI, 10x7 Speakers, head units etc, great fun. I'm just too old and lack time to do that now, but fair play to you. Ken - I had a quick look online at the bluetooth car kits too, but wasn't sure whether to get one or just stick a Aux lead in the glove box and hope it doesn't get crushed too much. Gopacic, hope you are ok after the accident - that looks awesome!

I am OK, car was on parking by the street. I wasn't in it. Citroen Jumper bump in Suzuki Vitara and she in my car. Both left doors, boot door and multilink need to be changed.

I have an aux cable and it does not seem crushed but when i get this will likely route behind the stereo into the glove box

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yunni - oooh very nice, I remember years ago helping my cousin swap out the sound system in his GTI, 10x7 speakers, head units etc, great fun. I'm just too old and lack time to do that now, but fair play to you. Ken - I had a quick look online at the bluetooth car kits too, but wasn't sure whether to get one or just stick a Aux lead in the glove box and hope it doesn't get crushed too much. Gopacic, hope you are ok after the accident - that looks awesome!

I'm not exactly young at 50 to be 51 in april. But doing stuff i couldnt afford as a teenager.
Yunii

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club