Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washers

The Latman

Wee question for you MkV'ers out there.......I'd read somewhere that the MkV doesnt have a low windscreen washer fluid alert/alarm/Notification.....Is this true?  Im not sure I believe that, a car that can park itself, steer itself back into lane and automatically set the speed limiter to the road signs, but cannot tell me its water bottle is low?!?!

Mine arrives on the 10th Feb......looking forward to it..

My mk4 doesn't have it either and I've never run out of fluid

How do you set the speed limiter to the road signs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 2015 MKV 1.5 ecoboost ran out of wash fluid so I assume I don't have any low washer fluid warning either ... like you say for the spec of the rest of the car I find it incredible it wont tell you its time to fill the screenwash.

Every car I have had going back many many years has had low washer fluid warning .... apparently on our cars / year its hit and miss if they have the warning or not . Some do and some don't .

I have a 2016 mk5 1.5 ecoboost and it does not have a warning either from what I have seen, I have never run out of fluid though so can't be 100% sure. I top up each weekend when I do my quick check over the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks all.........stunned this isn't a feature of what is a technologically advanced car for its class!

5 hours ago, The Latman said:

Thanks all.........stunned this isn't a feature of what is a technologically advanced car for its class!

Just think yourself lucky you don't have a certain German car where just about everything is an extra.

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Just think yourself lucky you don't have a certain German car where just about everything is an extra.

Hahaha how very true.  Not that bothered if I'm honest I suppose, it does get very annoying when the current motor complains about washer levels....

The bottle is so big I've never run low either, but my 2007 ST had a warning light.  It seems a step back.

I was just waiting to get a warning saying my washer fluid was low but it never came .... I never thought about it till I went to wash wipe and it ran out half way through .

Was really surprised and disappointed that it didn't have it .