Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Mondeo - No Parking Sensors

JM2136

Hi, I recently bought a 2016 Mondeo Zetec, which I am perfectly happy with. The only issue is it doesn't have parking sensors on, so I am exploring options to getting them fitted.

Ideally I would like front & rear, with these to link into the dashboard display.

The Ford website mentions to Xvision ones - ideally I would prefer the 'standard' Ford ones.

So, do the Xvision ones fit seamlessly into the display? Is it possible to get the standard Ford ones? Any idea on prices including fitting from a Ford garage?

I would have thought parking sensors were standard on a 2016 non base-level Mondeo???

I would have thought parking sensors were standard on a 2016 non base-level Mondeo???

As far as I know the zetec is the base trim on the Mondeo, if I'm wrong please correct me. I have a 2016 zetec however mine has the park assist so has the sensors front and back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

As far as I know the zetec is the base trim on the Mondeo, if I'm wrong please correct me. I have a 2016 zetec however mine has the park assist so has the sensors front and back

Yeah but surely parking sensors must still be standard on a 2016 car that costs over 18 or 20k to buy brand new?

32 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Yeah but surely parking sensors must still be standard on a 2016 car that costs over 18 or 20k to buy brand new?

fair point but some german cars cost more without

• Like 2

Parking sensors are an option on zetec, some dealers fitted them as standard

• Like 1

I went to a well known car supermarket and for the money it was the best car by a country mile - it just didn't have parking sensors. I'm ok without them, but just thought I'd explore getting them fitted.

• Like 1

Don't know about integration with the car - I would guess that it would require a LOT of work. (sensors, loom, possibly new BCM, coding of said BCM, maybe replacement dash and recoding? Honestly, doubt it's worth it...especially when really, you ought to be looking behind you - which is why I prefer the audible ones)

As for X-Vision, probably be better off buying an eBay (under £15) special and using a tin of touch up paint to colour code them.  That's basically all the X-Vision system is as far as I can tell.

I would certainly agree that they 'should' be standard but in practice they just aren't. As above, some dealers will get them fitted to their demos but if you order form scratch then they don't have them when they come off the belt.

• 3 years later...

I have same issue I bought ford mondeo yr 2014 and then I was surprised that it doesn't have parking sensors but on mine previous  mondeo has that and it was 2006 so why the new ones doesn't have them I know Halfords do parking sensors and they fit them I think for £60 or something but that's extra money I need to spend if I want that on so strange on old models they fitted but on 2014 they didn't 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club