Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terraclean

flogger

So......I had already acquired a smoother feel to the driving with the addition of K & N along with a powerflow catback system from A14 tyres in

Bury st Edmunds 2 weeks ago.

Today took the car to Swiftfit in Norwich for a terraclean service. Pluuged the elm in & logged the performance using torque pro on my fone.

80.56 kms travelled averaging 52.55mpg at 60.22 av.MPH, used 0.93 of a gallon (diesel) with 2.43 kgs of CO2 spent......nt a bad run me thinks going

79.26 kms coming home averaging 62.55mpg at 58.69 MPH used 0.77 gallon with 2.01 kgs of CO2.....definite improvement for less than £95...:wink:

How much would you guys read into the figures.....?

Just as a note to the above, the dash read out showed 100miles covered at 42.5mpg which is up from 38.

My car only does 3 or 4 trips of 11 miles to work mon to fri depending on wether I get home in the week...

• Like 1

I have been thinking of getting one of these done along with a remap for economy but not sure whether to or not!

all I can say is that I haven't seen a bad writeup anywhere about it......

Your figures sound very accurate for a clean 1.6TDCi engine, back when my focus was around one year old and I blanked the egr valve aswell as fitting an aftermarket induction filter I was getting 67mpg rolling 16" alloys at the time.

43 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Your figures sound very accurate for a clean 1.6TDCi engine, back when my focus was around one year old and I blanked the egr valve aswell as fitting an aftermarket induction filter I was getting 67mpg rolling 16" alloys at the time.

I am well happy with them figures Lenny.........considering its a 2.0 running 18's with blanked egr, I have definitely noticed how much

smoother it runs with the goodies fitted......ran 8.3,  0 - 60 monitored using the elm....... :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flogger said:

I am well happy with them figures Lenny.........considering its a 2.0 running 18's with blanked egr, I have definitely noticed how much

smoother it runs with the goodies fitted......ran 8.3,  0 - 60 monitored using the elm....... :biggrin:

That's exceptionally good figures for a 2.0 litre engine rolling such large tyres aswell. 

that's why I questioned their validity lenny and how much you guys would read into them but, coming straight from the ecu

via the elm I would imagine them fairly accurate.....your thoughts...

38 minutes ago, flogger said:

that's why I questioned their validity lenny and how much you guys would read into them but, coming straight from the ecu

via the elm I would imagine them fairly accurate.....your thoughts...

If your monitoring it using an app and ELM OBD or ScangaugeII device then it should be accurate enough providing it's not just mirroring the ecu calculations.

I know for a fact that Ford have put in bogus perimeters for use in the calucation for on-board mpg Ford's Mile could be 1.76miles long to make the on board computer display a very competitive figure compared to a Peugeot 407 for example which is a few thousand cheaper to purchase and has exactly the same Peugeot diesel engine under the bonnet, if the focus was showing better mpg shir who wouldn't spend the extra few chilling's on the sales yard for the Ford as it's showing to be more economical.

This has also been proven to be true if you were to use a modified elm327 and the software from the guide on here; there is an option to enable "actual mpg" I've enabled it on my Focus aswell my actual was 51.7MPG where fords initial figure said 67MPG

It sets the calculation perimeters correctly so a mile is a proper mile aswell as actual engine temperate etc. The temp needle doesn't rise as fast on the dash and calculations are current figures.

But as i said Initially there mate; if using a third party indipendant software to calculate the figures then it should be accurate enough. 

Sorry for the long post but it's my honest input 

Terraclean overall is great choice to go for, just be aware, terracleaning older engines with higher mileage can have negative effects. As the engine cokes up through use itll end up wearing and bedding in such a way determined by the carbon build up. By removing the build up it can lead to poor sealing in the valves etc and oil leaks can occur. This is documented all over the net, so keep this in mind when considering a terraclean. This is why many dont know about Terraclean, it never took off as intended due to these problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomson said:

Terraclean overall is great choice to go for, just be aware, terracleaning older engines with higher mileage can have negative effects. As the engine cokes up through use itll end up wearing and bedding in such a way determined by the carbon build up. By removing the build up it can lead to poor sealing in the valves etc and oil leaks can occur. This is documented all over the net, so keep this in mind when considering a terraclean. This is why many dont know about Terraclean, it never took off as intended due to these problems.

That said, I had my heavily coked up 1.8 TDCI (110K miles at the time) Terracleaned and it's been fantastic over the last 18 months, doesn't use any oil and no smoking.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club