Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Fiesta 1.4 / 1.6 tdci mk7 reliable?

yunii

Hi , i will parting with our 2nd car mk6 fiesta 1.25 zetec climate used by son in a few weeks to make way for mk7 titanium .i prefer petrol . But are the 1.4 or 1.6 tdci reliable? Or stick to petrol?

I prefer 1.4 for economy. Any hints or reviews from owners will help. Thanks.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I found the 1.4 tdci to be pretty reliable, however there are some issues with the 1.6 tdci which if you search the forum you will come across.

Be aware that the cities / towns / government may soon start to increase charges for parking / rate of duty on diesels as reported in the press. We have already seen that the cost of diesel has overtaken petrol.

Had my 1.6TDCi from new and no problems. If you drive less than 20K miles a year stick with petrol.

Had my 1.6TDCi from new and no problems. If you drive less than 20K miles a year stick with petrol.

Lad does around 8-9k miles.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had a 2007 1.6tdci and now have a 2015 1.5tdci

when i bought the 2007 car nearly new i also test drove a 1.4tdci, it wasn't bad but i didn't feel it was good enough for me . i found the 1.6tdci to be superb and the published mpg of the 1.6 was slightly better then the 1.4.  The 1.6 was a more technically advanced engine than 1.4 due to 1.6 being twin cam 16 valve with intercooler. 1.4 was 8 valve single cam.  1.4 tdci has fairly low bhp compared to 1.6

part way through the mk7 they changed the 1.6 twin cam 16 valve to a 1.6 single cam 8 valve. not sure what effect that had.

the 1.6 tdci (at least the twin cam, not sure about single cam) was well known for turbo failure (I think that engine was less forgiving for  people not adhering to oil changes and oil spec). no problems on mine at 150k miles

also known for diesel injectors leaking- i had those problems.

I love the way deisels drive compared to petrol (the torque) but I find the diesel particle filters a worry as many people have problems with them (2007 fiesta did not have one but newer ones do)

1 hour ago, isetta said:

I had a 2007 1.6tdci and now have a 2015 1.5tdci

when i bought the 2007 car nearly new i also test drove a 1.4tdci, it wasn't bad but i didn't feel it was good enough for me . i found the 1.6tdci to be superb and the published mpg of the 1.6 was slightly better then the 1.4.  The 1.6 was a more technically advanced engine than 1.4 due to 1.6 being twin cam 16 valve with intercooler. 1.4 was 8 valve single cam.  1.4 tdci has fairly low bhp compared to 1.6

part way through the mk7 they changed the 1.6 twin cam 16 valve to a 1.6 single cam 8 valve. not sure what effect that had.

the 1.6 tdci (at least the twin cam, not sure about single cam) was well known for turbo failure (I think that engine was less forgiving for  people not adhering to oil changes and oil spec). no problems on mine at 150k miles

also known for diesel injectors leaking- i had those problems.

I love the way deisels drive compared to petrol (the torque) but I find the diesel particle filters a worry as many people have problems with them (2007 fiesta did not have one but newer ones do)

Pretty much echo the above, look after the 1.6tdci (i.e plenty oil and filter changes) and it will look after you!

I do around 15k a year, get consistently anything from 57-61mpg (worked on using the 3 click method and the calculator on my phone) so very precise.

Also free road tax. If you get one around 6 months old and keep it for around five years. It'll cost buttons in real terms, given cheap running costs, free road tax, assuming you do your own oil changes.

Very economical motoring. With plenty torque and refinement too. Only thing is don't go for the 205/40r17 wheels/tyres combo, no give in the low profile tyres and with the firm suspension on the zetec s model anyway, the ride is not as comfortable as i'd like on some of our roads!