Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random limp mode. HELP NEEDED!!

Wilks90
聽Share

I'm new to the forum and apologise if I have posted in the wrong place.聽

Bought an 56 plate 1.6tdci zetec s聽end of December with no apparent problems. Had 108k miles, last service in the book was at 40k 馃槷 Decided to have it serviced, water pump, cambelt change and any repair work that needed doing for piece of mind. 拢700 later fully serviced and a new egr valve along with pump聽and cambelt kit.

car drove faultlessly for a month then randomly went into limp mode whilst sat in traffic. Powertrain light flashing along with a red light next to the speedo. Keeps coming on randomly, sometimes I drive for 30-40 minutes without fault and other times just after pulling away. If I turn the key one click round just before starting the engine聽and leave it for 10 seconds this will trigger limp mode too... everytime it goes into limp mode if I turn the car off then on again it clears and then drives ok again.聽

Had it back in the garage where I had the previous work done and got it plugged in, the codes that came up are p0489, p042e and p1412. The codes are pointed towards the egr which is new so聽think the problem may be聽electrical. The garage have told me they're not capable of working with the electric side of things and suggests I take it to ford which I obviously don't want to do.聽

just tried fitting an egr blanking plate but still going into limp mode.聽

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Did you unplug the EGR plug when you fitted the blanking plate?

If the EGR is faulty, fitting a blanking plate doesn't stop the EGR from opening and closing behind the plate.

Mine did the same. You'll still get an engine light if you unplug it but you shouldn't get limp mode.

Once you've confirmed its the EGR, it's just a choice between an 拢80 EGR valve or a remap to write the EGR out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club