Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Focus MK2 Titanium - Dashboard always on

Demons

Hi Guys,

New here so please go easy.  Here is the full story.

So the tailgate boot handle corroded and fell off a couple of months ago.  Being tight I decided it to tape it down for the time being until I could find a cheaper aftermarket part as all the official parts are very very expensive.  So after a week of running around things started to go terribly wrong after a heavy frost.  The dashboard centre console is now always on.  I have read a number of different things that suggest that this is generally either a boot sensor or bonnet sensor reporting incorrectly.

I have replaced the boot handle and checked the button and lights and all seem to be OK so next step is to check the related sensors.What is the easiest way for me to check these sensors?

What do they look like?  Anyone got any wiring diagrams?  I am looking to bridge these for the time being.

As this has taken me so long to pull my finger out my battery is now flat meaning the reserve alarm battery is kicking off in the night.

I will replace the battery but I'd like to rule out these sensors first.  Anyone with any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club