Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 05

Jordan99

Hi, I've just brought a focus 2005 3dr petrol. I'm thinking of lowering it and fitting 17" St alloys. My question is, how much is suitable? For both steering and comfort? What's a good kit to buy? Budget around £200. What process is involved? So the garage don't try and rip me off by doing extra work. Thanks guys! 

The Eibach pro springs are also supplied by Ford and were and optional extra,

I've had them fitted five years now and no issues with any speed ramps, handling is also improved and the stance of the vehicle looks much better.

the springs are around 170 pounds last time I checked and there different sets for petrol and diesel because diesels are heavier.

the fitting process also involves laser tracking alignment. If I was you id pay the garage to lower it; cost me 200 pounds labour then wait two weeks for the springs to settle and bring it to a good tyre fitting place for the laser tracking alignment which costs around 50 pounds and correctly aligns the camber meaning it's not eating your tyres s nd the vehicle handles much better.

overall your looking at around 450 fitted for the lowering.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

The eibach pro springs are also supplied by Ford and were and optional extra,

I've had them fitted five years now and no issues with any speed ramps, handling is also improved and the stance of the vehicle looks much better.

the springs are around 170 pounds last time I checked and there different sets for petrol and diesel because diesels are heavier.

the fitting process also involves laser tracking alignment. If I was you id pay the garage to lower it; cost me 200 pounds labour then wait two weeks for the springs to settle and bring it to a good tyre fitting place for the laser tracking alignment which costs around 50 pounds and correctly aligns the camber meaning it's not eating your tyres s nd the vehicle handles much better.

overall your looking at around 450 fitted for the lowering.

i have got 2.0 petrol rear springs to fit my 2.0 diesel ,same make and model. just bog standard , will these not be suitable  to use ??

13 hours ago, rs200 said:

i have got 2.0 petrol rear springs to fit my 2.0 diesel ,same make and model. just bog standard , will these not be suitable  to use ??

We see that there are one set of springs specific for the 1.4 and 1.6 Duratec (Petrol) Models as saw here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_eibach_spring_kit_14_and_16_duratec_f_1358917_c_449.htm 

It seems then the 1.8 and 2.0 Duratec (Petrol) models use a different set of springs which happens to be the same springs used for all focus Diesel Models 05-11 as saw here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_eibach_spring_kit_18_and_20_duratec_and_diesel_f_1358918.htm 

So your 2.0 Duratec Springs will be the same as the 2.0TDCi version.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

We see that there are one set of springs specific for the 1.4 and 1.6 Duratec (Petrol) Models as saw here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_eibach_spring_kit_14_and_16_duratec_f_1358917_c_449.htm 

It seems then the 1.8 and 2.0 Duratec (Petrol) models use a different set of springs whuch happens to be the same springs used for all focus Diesel Models 05-11 as saw here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_eibach_spring_kit_18_and_20_duratec_and_diesel_f_1358918.htm 

So your 2.0 Duratec Springs will be the same as the 2.0TDCi version.

• Like 1

If I was to buy the springs from ford parts UK, would I need different shocks as well or could I keep the original shocks? Thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club