Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stripped thread...HELP!

portobe17o

As I tightened the injector clamp bolt on my Fiesta 1.4 tdci the thread stripped out of the head. Can any one help me out with any ideas how I can get out of this mess?? Please.

Assuming you mean the female thread is stripped... It's potentially a tricky repair.  I always hated doing this, especially when the hole was angle sensitive.  It's really tricky to drill in a straight line when you can't put the item on a bench drill!

You can get various compounds which you put in the hole, re-drill it out, re-thread it with a tap, then put your bolt back in.

You can also get some compounds that don't require tapping and all that, but I am not sure about the longevity of these.

Failing these two types of repair being possible, you may need to drill the hole out to a larger size, then put in a thread insert.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GaryPL said:

A helicoil is aka a thread insert.

Not necessarily, we fit inserts in some damaged threads and it's not a helicoil lol. 

Yes, but where do I get an insert/helicoil? Spent all day yesterday looking

Any local engineering shops, even a motor factors may stock them. 

Failing that you could get a kit next day delivery? 

Ordered a kit today from Machine Mart, should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed it works on aluminium!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club