Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which one of these two Focuses should i get

redrabbit

Advert says all purchases are subject to £89 admin fee. 

If they think I'm paying that they're wrong. I hate when companies charge these "admin fees" 

what is it for?

paperwork

the time?

Their whole reason for existence is to sell cars!

"Im on the back foot as it's a 3-4 hour train journey. I'd be happy with a gesture or a couple of hundred pounds. "

the dilemma - do you buy a one way train ticket or a return?

57 minutes ago, isetta said:

"Im on the back foot as it's a 3-4 hour train journey. I'd be happy with a gesture or a couple of hundred pounds. "

the dilemma - do you buy a one way train ticket or a return?

Haha yep I thought of that issue. 

Thankfully my friend works for a train company and can get me a return for £20 so I will do that just in case. 

Im quite set on buying the car but will check other dealers tomorrow before heading up Friday 

I'm going to chime in about the DAB in my 2015 model. It's the best DAB i've had in a car. From Southampton to New Castle, I rarely had a moment where the signal wasn't constant from the National DAB platform.

The problem isn't the car, its the transmitters. The local ones are absolutely shoddy, but the national DAB seems to be doing alright.

my 2013 focus dab is dire up the m5/m6 motorway , but local seems ok for me.

Well, I've as good as bought the car now.  They're invoicing it today (whatever that means), so that when I get there tomorrow for around 12pm it's all ready to go.  They did want a £500 NON refundable deposit but said I wouldn't pay and they relented.  

No discount unfortunately other than £89 admin fee which they waived (too ***** right).  

On the one hand I feel a bit of a mug paying the advertised price (although it was £11.5k before), however on the other hand:

1) I really like the car and there's not loads of Titanium X's around with that mileage and that model

2) I need a car, I work full time and it's a nightmare with no transport

So tomorrow I will get the train up about 7-8am and get the car around midday.  

Will let you know how it all works out

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

On the one hand I feel a bit of a mug paying the advertised price (although it was £11.5k before), however on the other hand:

There's no harm trying for a discount but don't feel a mug if you don't get one. Times and market conditions change with dealers having to compete nationwide using the internet so advertised price is key.

Like you say in a way you got £500 off compared to buying earlier which ain't bad considering the year and car spec. Looks very good in the photos.

Hope it all works out OK and the cars what you expect.

Good luck !

Please keep us informed :-) i will be interested in seeing this nice car :-)

Jamie

I bought mine from Trust Ford, and walked away because they weren't offering anything.  They rang me back an hour later and gave about £300.  Car was good value at advertised price from what I've seen, so then I was really happy...

• Like 1

Congratulations! I hope it gives you many miles of happy motoring :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Feel a bit better about the pricing now. 

I am having so mant nervous second thoughts though. I've even loaded autotrader up and seeing cars for £2-3k is making me wonder if I'm spending too much money. 

1 hour ago, redrabbit said:

Thanks guys. Feel a bit better about the pricing now. 

I am having so mant nervous second thoughts though. I've even loaded autotrader up and seeing cars for £2-3k is making me wonder if I'm spending too much money. 

I reckon 8-9k is the sweet spot for cars - for striking the perfect balance between cost, and how good a car will be. At that price point, you can get something quite new, reliable, with a fair amount of toys, and low mileage.

That said, life is too short - who cares if you paid 2k more than that. Enjoy the car, enjoy life.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I reckon 8-9k is the sweet spot for cars - for striking the perfect balance between cost, and how good a car will be. At that price point, you can get something quite new, reliable, with a fair amount of toys, and low mileage.

That said, life is too short - who cares if you paid 2k more than that. Enjoy the car, enjoy life.

Great post, I needed to hear that!  

I think it's a wise purchase, a sensible car with some cool features. 

Will update tomorrow and maybe post some pics over the weekend :-)

• Like 1

just buy it and enjoy it. just dont get out of car with any buses around. lol

• Like 1

When  looking for my car 18 months ago, I wanted an ST on a 10 plate, but the prices were in the region of 8 to 10 grand. This was more than I could afford ( had £7000 cash) so I went and bought a lookie likey, a 1.8 petrol Zetec S. Cost me £5200, well happy with it.

I have paid cash for my last two cars, my previous car a Mondeo mk2 Zetec I kept on the road as my daily drive for 10 years before scrapping it. I like to keep my cars to the end, that way no one is having the benefit of all my money I've spent on it.

Here's my lookie likely 

IMG_20160910_151124.jpg

• Like 4

Nice  car, and good price. Just be careful of unmarked police cars.

UPDATE

Wow!  What a day...

So last night I spent most of the early hours tossing and turning and worrying about if I was doing the right thing.  Woke up very nervous, and got the 7am train, after 3 changes I arrived in Warrington.  I walked about 25 minutes to the garage.  

Salesman wasn't that great to be honest.  For example, most of the test drive was spent in silence.  He also said at one point "Ahhh, I've just noticed as well that this has seat warmers, that's a pretty good feature".  I didn't mind... I'd done all my research but it was just an observation really. 

The car doesn't have the keyless entry thing, where you can walk up and it just unlocks.  Minor I guess.

Small issue 1

The Sat Nav I saw was saying "Insert SD Card".  I asked and he said "Yea some don't come with it, so you need to buy that seperately". Not sure I believe that and I questioned it again later.  

After test drive I spent about 30 minutes looking the car over and thinking.

The Purchase

There was some discussion about a free warranty and him saying he couldn't do it.  The Ford one is still active until November so I wasn't too fussed I just wanted to try my luck.

I say, OK I will buy the car if you knock of £40 for the SD card.  I've looked online and that's how much it costs.  

He agreed to this.

UPDATE

Wow!  What a day...

So last night I spent most of the early hours tossing and turning and worrying about if I was doing the right thing.  Woke up very nervous, and got the 7am train, after 3 changes I arrived in Warrington.  I walked about 25 minutes to the garage.  

Salesman wasn't that great to be honest.  For example, most of the test drive was spent in silence.  He also said at one point "Ahhh, I've just noticed as well that this has seat warmers, that's a pretty good feature".  I didn't mind... I'd done all my research but it was just an observation really. 

The car doesn't have the keyless entry thing, where you can walk up and it just unlocks.  Minor I guess.

Small issue 1

The Sat Nav I saw was saying "Insert SD Card".  I asked and he said "Yea some don't come with it, so you need to buy that seperately". Not sure I believe that and I questioned it again later.  

After test drive I spent about 30 minutes looking the car over and thinking.

The Purchase

There was some discussion about a free warranty and him saying he couldn't do it.  The Ford one is still active until November so I wasn't too fussed I just wanted to try my luck.

I say, OK I will buy the car if you knock of £40 for the SD card.  I've looked online and that's how much it costs.  

He agreed to this.

Big Problem

He then says... "alright, so here's the key and this is the paperwork here".

I say "Hmmmmm, key?  Where's the spare"

He p*ssed me off a bit by trying to shrug it off.  

Him: Yea it only comes with one

Me: That can't be right... what if I lock myself out

Him: Mmmmm yea, so like I said this is the only key for this particular car

Me: Ok.... look.... this isn't me negotiating now, this is a fairly significant thing to not havea second key

Him: Ok, you can get a new one for £70, or you could get an unofficial one for about £30???

So I call Ford and they say that the car SHOULD come with twokey fobs which allow entry and to use the Start/Stop button.  It costs £172 for a new key all programmed up.

I go back in and eventually he reduces it to take into accuont this bit.

So then I bought the car!!!

Drove it home... any doubts I had have gone now.  So nice, it's actually a nicer place to be than my house is!  Synced up my phone, got some DAB radio stations programmed in (btw the DAB was flawless).  Cruise control all the way.  All really good.

Additionally

I thought the car had the daytime running lights but I can't seem to get them switched on...

And Finally, I can't work out how to get it to auto lock.  I've found a walkthrough but think it may be for another model.

I will keep looking

• Like 1

well done on the new car matey you`ll enjoy it, glad you got some money off the missing sd maps card, but you`ll pick one of them up off eBay no probs. warranty will be fine until nov , i had 6months left on mine when i got my car and it`s bee trouble free, just make sure you do the services each time oil, filter, pollen etc. enjoy the car :yahoo:

2 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Additionally

I thought the car had the daytime running lights but I can't seem to get them switched on...

And Finally, I can't work out how to get it to auto lock.  I've found a walkthrough but think it may be for another model.

I will keep looking

no auto lock on the car i`m afraid, yes car should have had 2 key fobs, trip to the ford dealers to get that sorted next week then i guess. daytime lights should be on all the time if they are fitted to the car, i have them on mine they run across the top of the lights

6 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Additionally

I will keep looking

Well done on the Nav SD card which it would have come with from the factory and you dodged a bullet on the remote MY keys that cost plenty as you found out lol.

According to ETIS it does have daytime running lights and I don't recall having a setting to switch them on or off.  Check vehicle settings menu and if there's nothing it may mean a visit to Ford for a warranty fix.

AFAIK Ford don't offer auto door locking on UK MK3.5. Think it was available on earlier models.

Enjoy

9 minutes ago, andypsp said:

no auto lock on the car i`m afraid, yes car should have had 2 key fobs, trip to the ford dealers to get that sorted next week then i guess. daytime lights should be on all the time if they are fitted to the car, i have them on mine they run across the top of the lights

Ah maybe mine doesn't have them then.  Will check again later.  I keep running out to the car to check things!

Yea I booked an appointment for a week on Monday to get the new car key programmed and sorted out.  

T

13 minutes ago, andypsp said:

well done on the new car matey you`ll enjoy it, glad you got some money off the missing sd maps card, but you`ll pick one of them up off ebay no probs. warranty will be fine until nov , i had 6months left on mine when i got my car and it`s bee trouble free, just make sure you do the services each time oil, filter, pollen etc. enjoy the car :yahoo:

Thank you!  Yep trying to work out which Sat Nav SD card I need.  I did try to find out how to update my sync software but that's been a bit of a ballache and not that easy.  Lots of links all leading to a registration page that asks for a ZIP code and doesn't accept UK one.

I did register a MyFord account but all the links take me back to a US page.

2 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Thank you!  Yep trying to work out which Sat Nav SD card I need.  I did try to find out how to update my sync software but that's been a bit of a ballache and not that easy.  Lots of links all leading to a registration page that asks for a ZIP code and doesn't accept UK one.

I did register a MyFord account but all the links take me back to a US page

the last sd card update was F5 2015/2016 so just check on eBay about that, the sync in our cars can only be updated by ford i`m afraid as the sync 2 and 3 can be done buy usb

8 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

I did try to find out how to update my sync software but that's been a bit of a ballache and not that easy.  Lots of links all leading to a registration page that asks for a ZIP code and doesn't accept UK one.

Sounds like you're on ford.com the US site which probably won't help.  To update Sync 2 require a USB stick with specific software installed in the root.  Usually this involves a chargeable visit to a Ford dealer but you may find software and instructions posted on some forums but it's your risk.  AFAIK Ford don't officially provide the software to customers for self install.

22 minutes ago, redrabbit said:

Ah maybe mine doesn't have them then.  Will check again later.  I keep running out to the car to check things!

Yea I booked an appointment for a week on Monday to get the new car key programmed and sorted out.  

T

maps card on eBay ......... eBay item number:152431870219

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club