Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK3 1.6 TDCI Mods

SeanSedgwick

Hi all,

I have done a few mods on my Ford Focus Titanium 1.6 TDCI. 113BHP

These include, replacing the turbo pipe to a Silicone hose. Put in a K&N Air Intake Filter (57S-4000) and left the cap off. Snorkel Delete with Air Holes. Always serviced with premium oils and only run Shell Diesel. 

I am wondering if I have any BHP increase at the moment?

My next upgrade will be to bypass the EGR Valve, and then a remap.

Any rough idea of the BHP then?

Below is a picture of the turbo pipe upgrade (not my car or picture, but done same upgrade)

IMG_0535.JPG

• Like 1

May find you lost bhp not having a snorkel, it be sucking in hot air not cold ! 

44 minutes ago, drsdriver said:

May find you lost bhp not having a snorkel, it be sucking in hot air not cold ! 

I've cut holes leading to the grill, so fresh cold air enters the pipe

Snorkel delete on its own has been dyno'd at 3HP, taking the lid off the box will loose you power

You cant delete the EGR on the SOHC 1.6 115 TDCi as it has sensors both sides of the edr and will throw a ton of codes if you do (it would have to be removed from the ECU as well to stop it checking

On mine I added a K&N, snorkel delete and a Spider arachnid chip, taking me to 153 HP and 330 Torque (A very noticeable gain), with better fuel economy

I also upgraded the rear anti roll bar to the whitelines adjustable (thicker of the 2) which transformed the handling from great to amazing

• Like 1

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 10:49 PM, SeanSedgwick said:

IMG_0535.JPG

Gotta love the yellow fuel magnets 😀

2 hours ago, madmole said:

Snorkel delete on its own has been dyno'd at 3HP, taking the lid off the box will loose you power

So the Snorkel delete is a good thing?

which lid?

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Gotta love the yellow fuel magnets 😀

As stated, not my car, but got same hose minus the fuel magnets lol

• Like 1

Some folks think taking the airbox lid off gets more air. It doesnt, just more heat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmole said:

Some folks think taking the airbox lid off gets more air. It doesnt, just more heat

And moisture,

Like driving with a cup out the Window 😅

The only difference for the higher breathing ST is that it comes with the snorkel delete from the factory. The standard air box actually is pretty good and can flow more than enough air for mods up to around 300 ponies as long as the snorkel is gone

Lots of dyno testing been done on it in the US

K&N etc makes no difference to flow or power, but makes a slightly deeper roar. Snorkel delete makes more difference to sound, is not easily detectable and reversable

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club