Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What internet speed test is the best and accurate.

jace1969

I seem to use Ookla but lately it seems to have problems,it only goes upto 100Mbps and  it just freezes but its still working as gives you the results.

I've always used ookla but then never had a connection faster than 30 meg, lol.

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've always used ookla but then never had a connection faster than 30 meg, lol.

Lol like it,mine freezes as it starts off and dial goes round then just freezes but still counts the speed.

Just tried that one but it only goes upto 100 so i get 100,the Ookla one gives you option to pick your local server.

Giving it a check in peek time to see what i get as i have just changed a few stuff,steady reading on Ookia around 190Mbps.

Jesus how fast do you need lol, am only on 40mb and its like lightning

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I seem to use Ookla but lately it seems to have problems,it only goes upto 100Mbps and  it just freezes but its still working as gives you the results.

Yes I had the same problem ,but they then went back to the old interface  and I'm now getting the usual 213 mg from Virgin Media which is about right

2 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

Yes I had the same problem ,but they then went back to the old interface  and I'm now getting the usual 213 mg from Virgin Media which is about right

Yes i get 210mg area or on peak times around 180,this is what i get when checking it i cant see a lot as it sticks but get a read out after.

IMG_1274.JPG

• Like 1

That's strange as the Ookla test works fine on my phone, which in some areas gets 105 meg... Yeah, I can't quite believe it either - 105 meg on Three 4G. One such location is 1.5 miles from home and yet in my living room, 4 meg is more normal.  So I am surprised to hear it can't cope on a PC when it can a mobile app!

I just can't see why it goes all funny like sticks as on the picture on here.

16 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Mine doesn't get close to 100, let alone exceed it... :sad:

2017-02-11.png

We just had a dam good deal will the top package so had it,this new Netgear switch has make the speed consistent as with the spliter only

one side worked at one time so it was up and down.

Just wish i could find out why it goes funny like the pic on the link above,very strange.

ookla seems to very odd these days not sure why though works fine when it wants to, I found certain extensions on your browser can affect your results significantly, a browser extension called Hola was the worst one for me, got rid and it works a lot better now.  

Capture.JPG

So its just trial and error then like closing stuff down,don't know where to start,just done another test on laptop out of peak times,still freezes.

6048430595.png

we are with virgin and should get 150 down and 80 up or something like that instead we have 80 down and 10 up, good but not fun when your a gamer and have bad upload  

2 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

we are with virgin and should get 150 down and 80 up or something like that instead we have 80 down and 10 up, good but not fun when your a gamer and have bad upload  

You on WiFi or Ethernet.

@jace1969 wifi on phone and xbox one, but on pc iv traced a Ethernet upstairs and runs seamlessly, xbox is hit and miss on connectivity. our broadband box seams to have tantrums every other week, it gets very annoying, but thats typical virgin.

19 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

@jace1969 wifi on phone and xbox one, but on pc iv traced a Ethernet upstairs and runs seamlessly, xbox is hit and miss on connectivity. our broadband box seams to have tantrums every other week, it gets very annoying, but thats typical virgin.

WiFi is a bit hit and miss but Ethernet seems steady now,peak times will always be up and down as i have had it for ages.

Wolverhampton server cant cope with the demand and looking into it in April area they said as i hit the roof and contacted them online and

a main person rang me,got a £40 refund for last month,if i test mine on Ethernet i get as you have seen high 180,ive checked everything for

WiFi like channels etc but not a lot round me on the same channel but time will tell,a bad speed for me is still better than bt or sky so still good.

Also Ookla just updated there tester and it works fine so was on there side where the problem was.

just did a Ethernet on my pc and got this decent speeds via wire

6053226497.png

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, AlexBartlam said:

Are you sure you are supposed to get 80 upload with Virgin Media its more like 12 max .Although they now do a new Gamers package that ups the upload (unfortunately I forget the new speed 20-25 I think) for an extra £5.00.I don't have this but maybe worth looking at for gamers.80 down at peek times is about right off peek it should be better.

So, this is my test. This is the Internet on a 'good' day. At night it is much slower and can take over 45mins to download a 25minute program on sky box sets [emoji22]

96462053-AD42-483A-A0FE-129AAEF6FCFF_zpsgp6dgz32.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk