Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD Drive Fault

Cammy555

I have a Fiesta 2008 Zetec and my CD player has started to show a "CD Drive Fault" the player wont pull or eject the CD and i suspect the motor my have gone. Any thoughts?

IMG_0206[1].JPG

Doesn't sound abnormal as the separate CD player of fords in the focus is meant to be faulty like that but ours is 16/17 yr old n still works, so Possibility depends how much its used ? See if you can get an electrian who does them and way out the options of new/repaired or decent second hand one.

Right ive bitten the bullet and booked my car into my local Ford garage £245 for new CD player. Thank for your comments guys.:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Well! Took the car into my local Ford garage it appears the price of £245 was incorrect, even though the guy put my registration into his computer it came up with the wrong price is was in fact £675 so i said no thanks. I next went to eBay and found the exact same stereo for £150 reconditioned and checked by the appropriate people. When i swapped it over a message comes up on the screen saying "RECONFIGURED MODE" the stereo works great no problems but this this message is a bit annoying. Any thoughts of what it is and is it possible to configure the stereo?

It may have come out of a Mondeo in which case you would get some random messages due to slight internal differences.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I just bought a ford s-max.

Got the same error code.

At the same time Speakers stop working.

Was that case in your situation, 'cammy555'

26 minutes ago, MZ2 said:

Was that case in your situation, 'cammy555'

@Cammy555 has not visited the forum since 5th March 2017

Start a new thread and list your own problems in the S-Max forum.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club