Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm

mr rugby

Hi All,

Sleepness nights are upon me.

The last couple of nights (since i thoroughly cleaned the car) have resulted in my alarm going off once in the early hours of the morning (3/4 am).

Doesn't seem to go off in the day just the night. Once reset it doesn't go off again during the night.

Windows and doors are shut,

Any ideas from anyone ?

Cheers,

mr rugby

sounds like exterior temperature alters the inside pressure too drasticly at that time in the morning, make the alarm go off coz it thinks someone has opened a door/window.

The alarm should be adjustably on sensitivity, this is easy for aftermarket, but not so sure on factory fit!!!....

mmmm, no chance you got some cleaning fluid/spray in the direction of the cabin pressure sensors??!?

Piggy :)

I don't think I did.

Another forum has suggested that I de-activate the internal sensors (a switch on the door) then I can narrow it down to either internal or external monitoring points such as the tailgate switch etc.

Thanks, piggy

mr rugby

=========================================================

sounds like exterior temperature alters the inside pressure too drasticly at that time in the morning, make the alarm go off coz it thinks someone has opened a door/window.

The alarm should be adjustably on sensitivity, this is easy for aftermarket, but not so sure on factory fit!!!....

mmmm, no chance you got some cleaning fluid/spray in the direction of the cabin pressure sensors??!?

Piggy :)

yeah...happened a lot with a car I had once (colt gti) but realised it had a huge hole in rear arch which meant the inside was heavily affected by temperature changes, making the alarm go off at times of temp change.

Obviously (or hopefuly) you dont have this, but its likely to be inetrior pressure sensor problem.

You can lock it and not set alarm tho?!...just click lock once on the fob...works on mine neway.

Just for wanting some sleep! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club