Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Cameras to Car stereo

shiwarrior

hey all

my brother has a Pioneer SPH DA110 that i may be getting off him

Going to ask him if he would fit the reversing camera at the same time, and if i can get him to do it (as i haven't a clue) do you have to use the reversing camera designed for this head unit ?

as they are £60 + which seems like a lot of money

any ideas?

thanks

8 hours ago, shiwarrior said:

hey all

my brother has a Pioneer SPH DA110 that i may be getting off him

Going to ask him if he would fit the reversing camera at the same time, and if i can get him to do it (as i haven't a clue) do you have to use the reversing camera designed for this head unit ?

as they are £60 + which seems like a lot of money

any ideas?

thanks

Any aftermarket reverse camera will work with the Pioneer headunit not just the Pioneer branded camera; here is a camera designed specifically for the Mk2.5 Focus that I personally recommend from Connects2 Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here 

Thanks Lenny, what if it was a different make of head unit ?  (Alpine for example)  would it still work ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiwarrior said:

Thanks Lenny, what if it was a different make of head unit ?  (Alpine for example)  would it still work ?

Sure would mate,

In short explanation; All aftermarket headunits support universal reverse cameras, even the custom fit cameras are still classed as aftermarket because there not a Dealership part.

In long 😩 explanation; the video format of these cameras varies between NTSC or PAL depending on where it's manufactured but all aftermarket headunits support both formats.

if you have a PAL camera you can plug it in to your home television as a cctv if you wanted but NTSC format is for outside of Europe such as American television format will work on the headunit but not on your TV.

ah ok thanks for the explanation , good to know :)

I guess the £10 eBay ones are one to avoid?

My brother came over today and brought the pioneer unit with him, and said that i need to make sure it fits my car.. 

i guess i need to see if i can buy a fitting kit for it ? or hoping it will go straight in?

sorry for the questions

52 minutes ago, shiwarrior said:

ah ok thanks for the explanation , good to know :)

I guess the £10 ebay ones are one to avoid?

My brother came over today and brought the pioneer unit with him, and said that i need to make sure it fits my car.. 

i guess i need to see if i can buy a fitting kit for it ? or hoping it will go straight in?

sorry for the questions

The cheap cameras will work but the resolution and clarity won't be as good as others, baring in mind they all take the same amount of effort to install, 

you find yourself spending a few pounds to get the most value for time spent routing cables.

and here's the guide for changing the dash to a double din ready for aftermarket headunit Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here