Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Potential new car

ThomasGL

I've seen a car available for finance locally,

14,000 miles

£10,000,

65 Plate

1.0 Fiesta Black Edition (Eco-boost).

I've had my car( Late 2011 Fiesta Edge - 1.25 60PS) valued at about 4000/4500, which I'm thinking isn't too bad considering it's age and trim etc. 

Would any of you see this as worth doing? Would really like it upgrade from my slug of a fiesta 😂

Seems reasonable if it's clear of finance and not a D cat insurance repair. Although I have to say that your valuation of your present car seems to be quite high for model and year.

Sure you can get the price down to £9500-£9750 no harm in sticking to your guns until they say yes xD they sell for £9500 onwards with 14k miles near me

9 hours ago, ThomasGL said:

I've seen a car available for finance locally,

14,000 miles

£10,000,

65 Plate

1.0 Fiesta Black Edition (Eco-boost).

I've had my car( Late 2011 Fiesta Edge - 1.25 60PS) valued at about 4000/4500, which I'm thinking isn't too bad considering it's age and trim etc. 

Would any of you see this as worth doing? Would really like it upgrade from my slug of a fiesta 😂

I might be looking at one 3 years newer than mine if all falls into place but that dont seems to bad for a 65 plate but the trade in if they offered

not at least £5500 for mine its a no go as mine is a 2011 titanium with only 25k and loads more extras like bigger alloys/4x elec window/leather etc.

For that car seems a good price but always try and get some off it.

Is it from genuine garage as mine would be.

you don't say what the mileage is on yours or if 3 or 5 dr. I think Edge is quite low spec isn't it? I don't think it would have quickclear windscreen as standard for example. like a previous reply said, the px allowance you mention on yours sounds high. Was this a situation where they told you that on phone knowing that when you get there it will reduce (eg. sorry sir we didn't realise it was the 60bhp engine that no one wants)

My car as it is (bearing in mind it's used daily) stands at 59000 miles, 5 door, with Zetec S 17" Alloy wheels.

As far as the garage is concerned they are very reputable, many of my family and friends swear by them, I've been to the garage today for a full quotation (I'll send a picture shortly) but I was offered £3,100 for my car and for the new car £174 a month to be paid.

beginning to think it maybe worth me selling my car elsewhere for a (somewhat) higher price then trying to bargain them down on the price by a few hundred? 

Any thoughts? Besides auto trader is there anywhere anyone knows of to sell a car? 

Exchange and Mart. Gumtree. Local paper.
But autotrader is best in my opinion.
You could try we buy any car.

The problem with websites like Autotrader now is that there are soooo many time wasters.  The sort who make an appointment to see the car and don't show up.  Or the ones who come round,  kick the tyres and offer you an offensive amount of money. Or those who just want to test drive lots of cars and then spend 15 minutes thrashing the engine.

I talk from experience, believe me.

I would haggle with the dealer.  Once the car is gone, it's gone.  You could be advertising for weeks, spending a lot of time and money on adverts, to then come away 2/300 quid better off.  Hardly seems worth it for the hassle.

Yes Gary that happens but it's rare and you was one of the unlucky ones.

I was also speaking from the experiences of people I know to. Unfortunately it's not that rare.

I forgot to mention the car is allegedly down from £17000? Which to me sounds ridiculous?😂

Anyway, my car is currently up for sale on Facebook, Gumtree and Schpock.

And my father has just let me know he is an old friend of the owner of the garage, which potentially means a few bob off the price 😝

(Picture is my quotation from the garage, lets see if you can all spot the issue😂)

IMG_4508.JPG

Total price, is the price of the car plus their admin fee,

deposit is the value of my car

total credit is the amount to pay for the car,

below that is the additional fees followed by the 'total amount' and the interest over 61 months.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club